inserting new records fails

K

ken

got everything setup (I think), but everytime I try and add a new record, it tells me I haven't filled out some required fields.

I have filled in every field. Still the same problem.

I have version 2.2.1

P

PLMresearch

Do you display all the fields in your table? is the primary key set to autoincrement? Try shutting off the "required" switch in the adminstrative table manager.

K

ken

thanks... I can now insert/edit/search records. I am still having one problem.

certain fields will not insert the data into the record. I fill out all fields and some are blank when I view the record afterwards. These fields are for numbers... I have them set the same as some date fields which DO work. I verified in table manager that they were set the same, and I checked them in mysql...they are set the same there too.

you can see the problem here: www.thedecostop.com/wrecks/db/

try and insert a test record filling all fields... then view it... certain fields (ie. length, width, depth) will be blank

M

Mark

Sounds like a MySQL issue. Ensure your MySQL fields are the correct numeric format (read the documentation at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Numeric_types.html ). Sometimes you get interesting results when the data type is incorrect (eg too many digits, etc.)

K

ken

yes... the field names were the problem in both cases...

the first time: I had spaces in the field name. That's no good...

got rid of the spaces with _ but then I think a "period" was causing trouble ie. (ft.) in a field .... got rid of that and everything works great.

thanks