Insert/Create Form - cache previous entry

ChrisG

I am using DaDaBIK version 5.1.2 ENTERPRISE, installed on 01-07-2014, the last version of DaDaBIK is 5.1.2 released on 07-23-2013

I am runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

PHP Version: 5.3.3

mysql version: 5.1.71-log

Web server: Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS)

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/32.0.1700.107 Safari/537.36

I use dadabik as a frontend to my Inventory database where in some cases we are entering items in the inventory that are essentially the same except for the serial number. If possible, I would like to prevent my entry person's from having to re-fill out the same data over and over.

Best case scenario... I would like to have a checkbox to tick when I would like the insert form to retain the entries from the previous submission for repetitive data entries.

Next best thing if that is not really possible would be to retain/cache the previous form data without a choice (checkbox).
--
Thanks!
Chris

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Chris,
at the moment this feature is not available but it's interesting and we will evaluate the implementation for the next releases of DaDaBIK.

Cheers

ChrisG

Hi Eugenio,
I had this feature in the previous version before I upgraded (I think 4.12 Beta). At one point their was something on the (old) forum telling how to do this. Of course... it was not with a checkbox but it was with changing something in the code. I really would not know what I am looking for or where to look or I would go through the old configuration.

Any ideas in that regard... or what I might look for?
Thanks!

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
yes maybe someone posted a hack but was not an official implementation; try to search in the old support forum posts.

ChrisG

Euginio,
In going through the old formum posts I did find this>>>
http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?1,4854,4854#msg-4854

I think it is the one I originally used... Do you think the code is still valid for this most recent version I have?

Thanks!!
Chris

ChrisG

Well... on second thought... that is a little different. That looks like it inserts the record.
All I want to do is populate the "create/insert" form with the data that was just entered so that I can change the serial number, etc before entering it.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
all the posts from the old forum has been imported in the new one; I am sorry but I don't know the hack you used to implement that modification.