Include an image on a custom page - Enterprise edition

scienceline

Please can someone advise me how to include an image on a custom page?

I am trying to add a new custom page to my application.

Using an html type, I have tried to add an image on the content section and have typed the following on the 'source' field on the insert/edit image box option

"//public_html/ismb/images/euk.png"

However, I still can't see the image on the custom page, just a placeholder is shown.
I would be grateful for help to correct what I have done and to enable me see the image.

scienceline

Added information below:

DaDaBIK version - DaDaBIK 7.3 ENTERPRISE
Browser - Google Chrome
operating system - Linux
DBMS - Mysql version 5.5.45
Web server - Apache Version 2.4.18

Question here
Please can someone advise me how to include an image on a custom page?

I am trying to add a new custom page to my application.

Using an html type, I have tried to add an image on the content section and have typed the following on the 'source' field on the insert/edit image box option

"//public_html/ismb/images/euk.png"

However, I still can't see the image on the custom page, just a placeholder is shown.
I would be grateful for help to correct what I have done and to enable me see the image.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I am not sure if you are talking about the image_file dadabik field type (form configurator) or about something else.The image_file field type doesn't have any source field.
If you are talking about custom HTML pages, the content is just HTML, DaDaBIK doesn't do anything on those pages.
Please be more specific and/or post a screenshot.

scienceline

Hi,

Thank you.

I am talking about custom HTML pages- Yes, I understand that the content is just HTML, but I'm intrigued about the menu options included there as they seem to indicate that there is more to it -
I can see options to insert an image, a video and a link

Sorry, I can't seem to be able to attach a screen shot on here. I had sent it on email. One of the support staff replied as below -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
it needs to be a URL, absolute e.g. www.yoursite.com/my_images/mypic.png or relative e.g. my_images/mypic.png
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This now works as far as just including a link to an html page is concerned. However, when I try to put a link to an image, I get a broken image icon.
The image is on the following path : public_html/ismb/uploads/eukarya.png

I wonder if there is some setting that I have ignored somewhere which is making dadabik not to look at that particular location I have specified for the images.

This is because I get a similar broken image when I just try to include an image using the forms configurator for one of my tables. I have set the relative path and the upload directory as below

$upload_relative_url = 'uploads/';
$upload_directory = 'uksbt.com/ismb/uploads/';

scienceline

So, to clarify - I am talking about the custom html files and need to confirm if I can use the options on the content menu such as "insert an image, a video and a link" to actually insert an image or video on my new custom html page.

The second scenario now is that have tried uploading an image on a table I created and get a broken image icon even though I have specified the relative and absolute paths on the upload file as described above.

$upload_relative_url = 'uploads/';
$upload_directory = 'mypath/uploads/';

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
ok, they are two different problems:
about the HTML editor (the one you have for custom html page), you have to be an absolute URL, something like: http://yoursite.com/ismb/uploads/eukarya.png
please not that this example wouldn't work because the uploads directory in DaDaBIK is protected against direct access, you have to put the files somewhere else.

About the second problem, is the problem similar to this one?
http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?1,18194
if yes, try the suggestions I wrote in that post.

Best,