HTTP 500 ERROR following Upgrade to 12.0-Aveto

Jaccarin

Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
11.1.3-MariaDB-1:11.1.3
Apache/2.4.58 (Ubuntu)
PHP 8.2.12 (cli) (built: Oct 26 2023 17:33:49) (NTS)
Zend Engine v4.2.12, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v13.0.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2023, by ionCube Ltd.
with Zend OPcache v8.2.12, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

Dear Eugenio

Unfortunately, I am unable to access my site after upgrade to version 12. I am getting a HTTP ERROR 500

I am unable to find the source of this problem. Any ideas?

Many thanks

John

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
please check the error logs of your Web server / hosting service, you will probably see more details about the error.
It could be just a syntax error in one of the file you edited, double check them.

best,

Jaccarin

Thank you
I checked the apache error log and the problem seems to be with the custom_function files. I commented out the culprit lines and things are now working again, which is good! However, at a later stage I will have to work out how to set up custom_functions to work with Version 12.0 and not get these errors.

Regards

John

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
custom functions work in V 12 as they worked before, maybe you didn't remove from custom_functions.php, before upgrading, the lines the upgrade procedure requires to manually delete?

Last edited:

Jaccarin

Hello,
It seems that after upgrading to 12.0 my custom_functions were copied into both the custom_functions and the custom_functions_beta directories. For some reason, I received the HTTP ERROR 500 as PHP attempted to declare each function twice. I commented out the functions in one of the directories and the error disappeared. However, when I did a BETA to LIVE push the error reappeared.

I reinstalled 12.0 using the old method and the error has not reappeared.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
The fact that your custom_functions were copied into custom_functions_beta is correct. The reason of the error, most probably is the one I mentioned before: you didn't remove from custom_functions.php (the file, not the directory custom_functions) the lines the upgrade procedure asks to remove.

Best,