How to remove those large buttons?

M

marg

I'd like to be able to remove the 'Edit' 'Delete' and 'Details' gifs that display when you show all records etc. I would prefer to have words rather than images for these buttons as the gifs take up too much space.

Can someone show me what code needs to be modified in order to remove these buttons?

Many thanks

marg

P

prem2

What you do to save space is to create small .gif files and save them under the images folder with the same names (delete.gif, update.gif, details.gif).

I simply opened up a Paint editor and just shrank the size of the original gif files and then saved them again.

It worked great for us.

P

Paul Sharpe

I shrank the .gif images as was suggested in the previous post but the table row height seems to stay the same. The images indeed do take up less space but the table row height does not change accordingly. What file needs to be edited (and how) to change the displayed table row height?

Any info would be appreciated.

I

Ian Mitchell

I don't have the answer but have some feedback. I'm guessing that you are using IE as your web browser. I experience the same problem using IE. Viewing the same page in Mozilla everything looks good (the row height shrinks to the max size of the font or the Graphic, whichever is bigger. I suspect this has something to do with the embeding of forms within a <TD> and who IE deals with the formatting. Does anyone know how to fix this in IE?

P

Paul Sharpe

YES....I am using IE 5.5

Thanks for the info. I hope someone can point me in the right direction for a fix.

E

emmy

In a similar light, I'm trying to find where the code is for those gifs. In theory, if you find where the code is you can edit it so that it doesn't display the . gif files and displays words or whatever... yes?

A

alessandro

The code that calls the gif images is in the business_logic.php file inside the build_results_table function

P

Peter Dean

I've managed to sort out an IE workaround to the "Form inside a TD" problem that IE exhibits. Just go to the code in the business_logic.php and shift the closing form tag for the form - </form> - outside the closing </td> tag for each of the sections

e.g
instead of </form></td>
change it to

</td></form>

It's wiorked for me....

P

Paul Sharpe

THANK-YOU Peter! Worked for me without a problem.

I simply used "search and replace" in MS Worpad to make sure I didn't miss any sections.

Great!