Help needed - Please

V

Vinay Tanna

Hi

I have installed dadabik on my server - excellent application - however I am having a couple of problems:

Please have a look at the URL:www.tanna.uk.net/dealtracker - which is my db.

There is a couple of dummy records - firstly I want to format the screen that shows records to fit onto the screen, I don't want to scroll across to the right to see all of the record.

When I try to update(Edit) or delete - once I click SAVE or confirm the delete - the browser goes to a "page not found" standard page. I think this may have to do with my config file as a defined both $site_url and $site_path as www.tanna.uk.net/

Apologies if this is very naive, but I only downloaded this today - I have read FAQs and forum but can't find anything I understand...

Thanks

V

Vinay Tanna

Also-sorry, I forgot - on the Search form - how do I get rid of the drop down box which gives the option for "All conditions or any conditions" I got rid of it on the fields but again cant figure out how to do it there

V

Vinay Tanna

I have sorted out the 2nd part - about getting rid of the box on the Search form - the rest is still confusing me - please help!!!Vinay Tanna wrote:

V

Vinay Tanna

Ok - I have now sorted out the Update/Delete problem I was having.This only leaves two issues now:

1. Formating the columns to fit onto one screen so the user doesnt have to scroll.

2. When I do a search and put in two or more search criteria - I get the following error
[08] Error: during query execution.

Again any help ill be appreciated

V

Vinay Tanna

the error report I get is:[08] Error: during query execution.
[08] Error: during query execution.
SELECT `deals`.`id`, `deals`.`client_name`, `deals`.`industry`, `deals`.`sector`, `deals`.`trans_type`, `deals`.`trans_sub`, `deals`.`acting_for`, `deals`.`proj_desc`, `deals`.`date_signed`, `deals`.`date_completed`, `deals`.`lead_partner`, `deals`.`lead_assistant`, `deals`.`value`, `deals`.`confidential` FROM `deals` WHERE `deals`.`acting_for` LIKE '%Buyer%' `deals`.`confidential` LIKE '%Yes%'
MySQL server said: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'deals`.`confidential` LIKE '%Yes%'' at line 1
Please take a look at www.tanna.uk.net/dealtracker - try to do a search with multiple search criteria

A

alpha2zee

Regarding table width being too much:

You can try not to show all the fields in the table. To not show certain fields, configure them such that 'Field present in the results page' is 'N' (no). If the user wants to see all the fields, they can click the icon for 'details.'

A

alpha2zee

Regarding search issues:

I think there is some problem with the PHP code.

In the MySQL statement:

[snip] WHERE `deals`.`acting_for` LIKE '%Buyer%' `deals`.`confidential` LIKE '%Yes%' [snip]

An 'AND' or an 'OR' is missing. It should be like:

[snip] WHERE `deals`.`acting_for` LIKE '%Buyer%' AND `deals`.`confidential` LIKE '%Yes%' [snip]

Check the code for function build_form in include/business_logic.php in a plain text (not MS Word) or code editor. It should be like this:

[snip]

case "search":
$number_cols = 3;
$field_to_ceck = "present_search_form_field";
if ($select_operator_feature == "1"){
$form .= "<tr class=\"tr_operator_form\"><td colspan=\"".$number_cols."\" class=\"td_button_form\"><select name=\"operator\"><option value=\"and\">".$normal_messages_ar["all_conditions_required"]."</option><option value=\"or\">".$normal_messages_ar["any_conditions_required"]."</option></select></td></tr>";
} // end if
else{
$form .= "<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"operator\" value=\"".$default_operator."\">";
} // end else
if ( $show_top_buttons == 1) {
$form .= "<tr class=\"tr_button_form\"><td colspan=\"".$number_cols."\"><input class=\"button_form\" type=\"submit\" value=\"".$submit_buttons_ar[$form_type]."\"></td></tr>";
}
break;

[snip]

From the HTML code of your search page (http://www.tanna.uk.net/dealtracker/index.php?function=show_search_form&table_name=deals), it appears that the

<select name=\"operator\"><option value=\"and\">".$normal_messages_ar["all_conditions_required"]."</option><option value=\"or\">".$normal_messages_ar["any_conditions_required"]."</option></select>

part is missing in the code.

V

Vinay Tanna

OK will have a look at the PHP code.

With regards to the HTML code - I actually deleted it to get rid of the option to match all conditions or any conditions drop down box at the top of the search form. If there is a better way of achieving this please let me know.

V

Vinay Tanna

OK - I see what I have done - and why its not working - is it possible to not give the user the option to select all conditions or any conditions and to just let them fill in one (or as many) search fields as the want. It has been achieved in this site:

http://www.ozarkva.net/dataset/index.php?function=show_search_form&table_name=routes&PHPSESSID=7a11bf6e7fe055a5c9bec82a55185111

V

Vinay Tanna

ok - have sorted it 3.40am (I think cleare later) I changed the value in the config file!!!! So obvious!!!!!