Help!!! Installing 2.1b with MySQL 3.23.45

N

Nino

HI to all,

I have tried and tried to install dadabik with no luck at all.

config of my machine is
O.S. Linux
Kernel: 2.4.18-5smp
Apache: 1.3.26 (Unix)
PHP: 4.2.2
MySQL: 3.23.45

DB setup and login is checked and ok.

I got the " no tables found" error on running install.php

I've gone through the faq and come across lots of info which has left me totally confused:

"create a database before installing"... did that copying the very sane one that Eugenio published in his tutorial ...and no luck, I just got one stage further, install.php showed the "click on this button to install page" on clicking the button I get a new error message "Error during query execution" later line errors on 105 and 112...

In the forum:

I saw people talking in the about "`" being bad...it should be " ' " because its an earlier version of mySQL

>>Author: dre (---.a2000.nl)
Date: 09-30-02 11:25

I fixed it by deleting all the ` signs<<

I have no idea how to edit the ` symbols or where they should be edited.

I also saw a script to "push" to the server to get it to build the necessary databases.... no idea how to make this script do that either.

>> Re: final word on install?
Author: naatoo (---.hyatsv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: 04-24-02 20:06 <<

Dave fixed the table name.... (what is the correct name????)

>>Re: final word on install?
Author: Dave (---.contactdesigns.com)
Date: 04-24-02 16:28
My problem was fixed when I corrected the table name in the config file to the correct one. Hope that helps you. <<

Does anyone have a tried and tested method for installing dadabik with mySQL 3.23.45 that they can "spell out" for us here???
This is all I need, I am not a PHP programmer, or mySQL expert, and really need it all to be explained blow by blow....

anyone??? help please, this looks like a great program for us web designers with no PHP programming or deep mySQL skills

all the best
Nino

W

wisniewski

Running OK with:

Solaris8
mysql-max-3.23.52-sun-solaris2.8-sparc
php-4.2.3
Apache 2.0.43

Check the owner/group of the tables under /mysql/data/<dbname>

If they are owned by root, try changing to mysql:mysql -

Double-check your config.php for Dadabik - make sure you don't have any weird characters ( cat -vet config.php )

W

wisniewski

Another help for debugging is in config.php

// display the main sql statements (insert/search/delete/update) for debugging (0/1);
$display_sql = 1;

// display all the sql statements and the MySQL error messages in case of DB error for debugging (0/1);
$debug_mode = 1;

E

Eugenio

Nino wrote:
>
> HI to all,
>
> I have tried and tried to install dadabik with no luck at all.

[....]

Do you still have the problem?
It is possible that you have blank spaces in your table name.

Eugenio.

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 2.2.1)