GUI element Tabs and Accordion in Forms view

stefank

If there are a lot of fields and different subtables it makes sense to group different fields to a tab or to a accordion to provide a better overview about the page.
Edit can be done in the actual forms configurator by using groups and group elements.

Upvote 2

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
It's an interesting proposal.
Tabs would probably require lot of work, don't know if it worths; accordions are probably easy to implement if we use the (already existing) separators but I am not sure if they actually improve the usability of long forms.

stefank

Dear Eugenio,
thanks for your fast reply. I agree a tab view will have a higher usability but however accordion might be a first easier step.
Again thanks a lot. Stefan.

stefank

Dear Eugenio,
I thought about the idea, maybe I got an easier approach for implementation based on the example in https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_tabs.asp.

CSS and js is implemented within DaDaBIK.
The view (html code) can be generated by the user by using low-code. The html code can be implemented at a special field in the forms configurator or at special include files like php pages or html pages. The fields are added in the html code with dadabik_field fieldname dadabik_field and will be replaced during generating the form.

Best regards,
Stefan.