dynamic select_single lookup table - items based on other form values

jason

Hi there. Is there a way to populate the items in a lookup table based on the value of another field on that form?

For example:
I have a "Agencies" table that has one to many relationship with agents in the "Agents" table.
I have a table "My Agents" that has a select-single lookup field for Agency, and a select-single lookup field for Agents.
I would like the user to be able to select an Agency, then when selecting the Agent, the lookup table will only show the agents that belong to the selected agency.

I am thinking this would require a custom function, but how would I implement that?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
You are using DaDaBIK version 10.1-Manarola enterprise, installed on 05-15-2020 (installation code: 155165ebef2d6ed236), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 10.1-Manarola released on 03-09-2020

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.
System info

PHP Version: 7.2.30

mysql version: 5.6.47-cll-lve

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:76.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/76.0

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Jason,
you can do it using cascade fields, see "Cascade parent field" and "Cascade filter field" in form configurator.

Best,