Dialog box shows forbidden insert form after a confirmed duplication warning

Stephan-H

DaDaBIK version 11.12-Elba enterprise

I have a table A with a select single field AA connected to a lookup table B field BB. This lookup table B is not visible to users (READ = No).

The lookup table field BB has "Check for duplicated entries during INSERT" enabled.

Now when

- a user tries to add a new entry to the lookup table B field BB via the + Button of the single select field AA in the insert form of table A (which is allowed)

- and gets a "Possible duplication" warning in the dialog box

- and chooses "Insert anyway >>"

then the dialog box displays the message "item correctly inserted.", but shows the insert form of table B below, together with the menu bar on the left. (Note that there is no menu item for table B as configured in the permissions).
The newly created item of table B field BB is not automatically displayed in the single select field AA in the table A insert form in the main window.

However, this allows the user to add additional records to table B in the dialog window, which they should not be able to do from there.

Without a duplication warning the dialog box outputs "The item has been correctly inserted, you can close this window." and nothing else. The newly inserted item is then displayed in the single select field AA in the insert form of table A in the main window.

This is correct and is what I'd expect to happen after a duplication warning -> insert anyway action as well.

@eugenio, would you agree?

Thanks,
Stephan

Last edited:

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, the duplication checking does not work as expected when used with the + button on lookup field. I'll move this to the bugs forum.

Best,