Data from referenced table

mrisse

Hi,

maybe it's in the documentation and my English skills are too low or my brain is just too busy:
I have a table with customer data. Another table with orders.
When I create an order, I use "select_single" with Lookup to get the customer name from the customer table.
Under "Lookup table linked fields" I search for name, email and location.
How can I achieve that I can later display all customer data for an order? If I add all fields to "Lookup table linked fields", the search field and the display in the form will be much too long.
Actually, I don't need all the customer data until the print/PDF export. Any hints?

Best,
Marc

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
if I have well understood, what you want to do is the following: for a select_single field, having more "linked fields" in the details page/ PDF report than in the edit/search form.

It is not currently possible, but normal select_single in edit/search form should have a maximum width so you shouldn't get very large listboxes (you should see a very large listbox only when you OPEN it). This is not what is happening?

A workaround could be the following: you add the customers table in master/details to the orders table. For each order you will see all the customers involved (just one, actually) but you will see, for an order, all the customer fields you have in the customers results grid. The problem is that master/details form are not supported in PDF creation so you should print from the order details page instead.

Best,