Dadabik upgrade 9.2->10.1 ([08] Error)

AfADaDa1

When I try to update my dadabik from the 9.2 version to the 10.1, I get the following error :

[08] Error: during query execution. INSERT INTO `dadabik_permission_options` (id_permission_option, label_permission_option, value_permission_option) VALUES ('5', 'Yes but don''t show in menu', '4')
The DBMS server said: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '5' for key 'PRIMARY'

What can I do to fix it ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your current DaDaBIK version

You are using DaDaBIK version 9.2-Monterosso enterprise, installed on 07-07-2020 (installation code: 115275783970e1c728), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 10.1-Manarola released on 03-09-2020

You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.
System info

PHP Version: 7.3.19

mysql version: 5.5.5-10.1.44-MariaDB-0+deb9u1

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:77.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/77.0

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
This could happen if you run the upgrade once, for some reason the upgrade fails and you re-run it, is this what actually happened?
If yes, what error message dive the first upgrade run give you (if any)?

Best,

AfADaDa1

That's a good question, I didn't pay attention at the first upgrade and saw only afterwards that there was a problem. Is there a log file where I can see which error it was ?

Best,

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Can you confirm there was a first attempt to upgrade that failed?

If yes, the easiest thing you can do is to restore from a backup, try again the upgrade and report here the error you get.
There isn't any upgrade error log.

Best,

AfADaDa1

Yes there was a first attempt.

What I did now is that I deleted all the files and restored all the files from the backup, then I did change the files for the upgrade but when I try to upgrade again, i still get the same error ...

AfADaDa1

Even I find the old error, do I still have to restore everything to an upgrade now ? Or is there a way to get rid of this error and do the upgrade :

08] Error: during query execution. INSERT INTO `dadabik_permission_options` (id_permission_option, label_permission_option, value_permission_option) VALUES ('5', 'Yes but don''t show in menu', '4')
The DBMS server said: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '5' for key 'PRIMARY'

Thank you for your time and precious help,

Florian

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Restore to the situation you had before upgrading is the easiest way to understand what happened.

Best,

AfADaDa1

Thank you Eugenio,

I have completed the upgrade successfully. I do have one more question tough. On the about/upgrade page, the following content appears :

Your current DaDaBIK version

You are using DaDaBIK version 10.1-Manarola enterprise, installed on 07-07-2020 (installation code: 115275783970e1c728), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 10.1-Manarola released on 03-09-2020

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.

----

But next to the About/upgrade button, there is still the information "New version available". Do you know why ?

Best,

Florian