Custom Home Page

karen

Hi, I have made a custom html home page, and input the internal link to it, however, when I click on the link, it always adds the following to the end - /index.html&show_result_static_page=1&id_static_page=1, this results in a "404 page not found", I have tried renaming the page to "main" and using main.html, but get the same /main.html&show_result_static_page=1&id_static_page=1
I have tried setting it as just a page, and also setting it as the home page, but still unable to access it.
How can I get the link to stop adding the suffix at the end? Thanks.

You are using DaDaBIK version 11.12-Elba enterprise
PHP Version: 8.1.27

mysql version: 10.6.12-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.22.04.1

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/120.0.0.0

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
Can you show us a screenshot of your Pages tab, it should look something like this:-

Home1.png

index.php?function=show_static_page&id_static_page=1 is the correct url for your home page, see for example here, it doesn't matter what your page is called Dadabik will call it using that format.

karen

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, understood.
So basically there is no way I can have a totally customised home page? I created a custom page with just 2 clickable symbols on it, which I wanted to point to 2 different tables pages within the app. The user gets to the the data they want by clicking one of the links on the custom home page... The reason I am wanting to customise is to make it in line with our business website (and because I like a challenge and Eugenio says it's deeply customisable!!)

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
Dadabik is very customisable yes, that's why I love it and have used it for years.

If a home page within dadabik doesn't work for your requrements you can have a page outside of it with links to dadabik pages like this ->

My Home Page

karen

Thank you!! That's exactly what I'm after, although I can't get my head around how to get the homepage to work outside of dadabik.. is it just a case of uploading the homepage to the server? And then put it as an external link in dadabik?? thanks again.

karen

Thanks.. I've had a look into this, and alas I don't think this achieves what I'm after.. when I go to https://gameplan.org.uk I don't see your custom homepage (which in theory should show as the homepage?)
When the customer clicks on my url xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk, I want them to see the dadabik login page, and then when they've logged in, they see my custom page.

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
When the customer clicks on my url xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk, I want them to see the dadabik login page, and then when they've logged in, they see my custom page.
In that case why don't you create a page with a login form separate from dadabik (still using the dadabik users table) that then goes to your custom page and only once they click a link do you go into dadabik?

The other idea that comes to mind is a redirect from your dadabik custom page to an external page - never done this but might work.

karen

Hi, thanks, the redirect thing popped in my head before I went to bed last night! I was thinking of either doing it on nginx or htaccess, I might have a try, see how it goes.
Regarding creating a separate login page, if I did this, then someone logged in, got to my custom page and then clicked a link going to a dadabik page, would they have to log in again? I can't figure that bit out, sorry. Also, how would I get the login form from dadabik to my separate login page? I guess I could view the source code of the login page and use that as a base to create the custom page??

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
Hi, thanks, the redirect thing popped in my head before I went to bed last night! I was thinking of either doing it on nginx or htaccess, I might have a try, see how it goes.
The other thing you could try is using the after login hook function - see https://dadabik.com/index.php?function=show_documentation#low_coding_hooks.
As long as the cookie is set correctly they shouldn't have to log in again, I'm pretty sure a standard PHP function would work - you just need to set the correct cookie. The other option is to use Wordpress for your authentication https://dadabik.com/index.php?function=show_documentation#authentication_wp.

karen

Hi, I have the nginx redirect working 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏
Thank you so much for your suggestions and help, really appreciate it.
I'm guessing this might not be the last time I'm picking your brains!