Can't create users whithin a group?

Caloo

Hi,

The home page propose to create and edit groups but I don't find anywhere how to add users whithin the groups.
Please could you tell me what I miss :S

Thank you
Pascal

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
which homepage?
If you are logged in as admin, you should see in the left menu an admin section with users and groups.

Best,

Caloo

eugenio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you should see in the left menu an admin section with users and group

Only Groups, I have no "users" in the admin menu.
However, I have the table "dadabik_users" in my DB. But I think I can't add users with mysql.

Something wrong during the installation or in the config.php ?

Caloo

Hi Eugenio,

I tried to instal anew the appli to retrieve the users management from the front end.

This time I got nothing concerning the admin management. The first time I could manage groups, this time I have neither groups, nor users :( :S

In the "permissions" page, I could choose the table "dadabik_groups" before (not dadabik_users), this time I haven't dadabik_groups nor dadabik_users of course.

Could it come from this message I got after installation :

"There are problems with the Internet connection, the on-line registration is not possible ...

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\ServeurTest\Instits45-1900\include\db_functions_pdo.php on line 184
"

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
In order to get support, you need to specify your environment in your message: DaDaBIK version, browser, operating system, DBMS (e.g. Mysql 5.1.47), Web server (e.g. Apache 2.2.16).

If you have already installed DaDaBIK and your DaDaBIK version is >= 5 you can just go into the administration section of your installation, click on About/Check upgrade and paste in the support request the content of the page.
If you are reporting errors, please also include results after turning $debug_mode ON in config.php.

Without the above information the support request will not be taken into consideration

Caloo

Thank you Eugenio for your answer. So here is the infos as requested :

Your current DaDaBIK version
You are using DaDaBIK version 10.1-Manarola pro, installed on 05-29-2020 (installation code: 0), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 10.1-Manarola released on 03-09-2020
You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK
In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info
PHP Version: 5.6.30
mysql version: 5.7.17
Web server: Apache/2.4.25 (Win32) PHP/5.6.30
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:76.0)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/76.0
URL installation: http://127.0.0.1:8080/edsa-Instits45-1900/

The debug_mode is now 1 in config.php but I don't see any error log. In fact there is no crash of the appli, it works normally (at least the features I have tested). There is only the lack of admin/groups and Users in the frontend menu.

Do you rather mean error logs occuring during the installation ? Thanks
Pascal

Caloo

Hi Eugenio,

I think my problem is solved.
I have deleted all dadabik_ tables in mysql and launched the installation again. Miracle, The tables Groups and users are now seeable in the application :) I gave all the permissions on this tables to the group admin, and I can now manage the groups and users from the frontend menu. New group and users are now added (tu)

I guess DadaBik fit now for all I wanted to do.

Regards
Pascal

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
OK, glad it works now.
You don't need to grant particular permissions to the admin group for those tables, everything on that side is already set up to work.

Best,