Authentication

You are using DaDaBIK version 7.0 PRO, installed on 11-19-2015, the last version of DaDaBIK is 7.0 released on 10-05-2015

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

PHP Version: 5.5.29

mysql version: 5.5.44-MariaDB-log

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2490.86 Safari/537.36

I installed Dadabik without authentication due to installation problems.
Turning it on later in config.php later does work - but the defaults users/password DOES NOT work.
I cannot login when authentication is on. (neither root nor alfonso)

It seems as if these two default users are not defined if you install with authentication OFF.
(They should be installed regardless of the setting for authentication during installation)

So how do I get them installed again as I will use Dadabik with authentication.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Users are created even with authentication disabled. You said you had installation problems with authentication ON and probably you should first fix those problems.

Anyway, as explained in the FAqs (http://www.dadabik.org/index.php?function=show_faqs), most of the times if you have login problems it means you made a mistake with $site_url or $site_path, please double check them. Also check $dadabik_session_name and $secret_key (if they are not filled correctly you should get an error, though).

Here are the 4 lines in question:

$site_url = 'http://192.168.1.107/WordPress/Dadabik/';
$site_path = '/WordPress/Dadabik/';

$secret_key = 'KFAKBILLEDARKIVIDADABIKTILBRUGFRAKFAKSHJEMMMESIDEFILLER';

$dadabik_session_name = 'KFAK';

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
So if you access

http://192.168.1.107/WordPress/Dadabik/

you enter root / letizia as username / password what happens exactly? If you can publish the application somewhere we can have a look.

I have enabled authentification.

I get the login menu.

I type root and letizia - and Loginn

The menu refreshes. That is all. No errors.
The same with alfonso - but here I get 'Username or password incorrect'

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I would say that the behaviour you describe is impossible: it's impossible, if you installed DaDaBIK following the instructions and you haven't touched the dadabik_users table, that the user root works in a way and the user alfonso in another.

I can't test it online because you haven't enabled authentication.

PS: Please also recall that I could not install Dadabik with a password for the DB user. I had to define a user with no password in order to run the install. My character set in the DB is utf8_danish_ci. And I use a danish keyboard and Windows on my PC.

You can test it now. The 'normal' login requires userid and pwd. But none of the defaults works.
The 'admin' page can be called without any authentication. So how do we resolve this problem.

bkim

I think even if eugenio wanted to test it, he can't test it with that link because it looks like a local network IP. I'd recommend sending him your config.php file.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I tried the link you sent me and, as I said, a different behaviour for users root and alfonso is impossible and in fact the behaviour is the same.

Again, most of the times if you have login problems it means you made a mistake with $site_url or $site_path, please double check them. Last time I saw your config.php, the parameter $site_url was wrong.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
From the config.php file:

"// If you enable the Wordpress authentication, you should login/logout through Wordpress without using DaDaBIK login/lougout; mixing Wordpress and DaDaBIK login/logout can lead to unexpected behaviours."

If you enable wordpress authentication, you have to login through wordpress.

That did the trick. Surpriced that setting this switch to 1 even without going through WordPress could give this result.
But I will be carefull about this one in the future.

And now you can log in with the normal userid and PWD and have a look whey my pictures are not shown as expected.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's not surprising, it is exactly what the instructions said.

About the picture problem, are you 100% sure that all the related pictures are in the $upload_relative_url folder?
Can you also try to rename one of the picture from .JPG to .jpg and check if it works?

Here are the relevant data

$upload_relative_url = 'uploads/';

$upload_directory = '/home/Qhttpd/Web/WordPress/Dadabik/uploads/';

I have the first 50 files in the uploads directory. (I have to check the size of them before I do the rest)
The files for the first record are labeled

0001_0001.jpg (larger pictture for the detailed page)
and
t0001_0001.jpg (thumbnail for the result page)

These names are stored in the relevant fields in the DB

So they are allready 'jpg' and not 'JPG' type files

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
The last time I checked, the filenames in your db were .JPG not .jpg, have you changed them?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Have you actually checked it? I've just tried to set "Billede" to text instead of image_file and I can see the first file name in the db is t0001_0001.JPG ....

Sorry about that Eugenio. I had concentrated on the names of the picture files - not what was in the DB.
You were right. I had used a mixture of 'JPG' and 'jpg'. It has been corrected now.

The one of the picture fields then worked correctly - the field 'Filnavn' in the detailed page.
But 'tFilnavn' in the result page did not.

That turned out to be a problem with trailing blanks in the file names in the DB.
They are gone now and I finally get the pictures where I need to see them.
I only need to scale them properly. That requires a little bit of scaling untill I am satisfied.

Thanks.