4.0 alpha: Configuration lost

Shadow44

When I use the "Refresh installation" button, my Configurator configuration is supposed to remain in tact, is that right?

Only to my dismay, it isn't. I just changed some MySQL field lengths in phpMyAdmin, tried the refresh, and now 3 of my Dadabik fields retain their special characteristics, while 17 have reverted to deault .. aaargh!

This will make 4.0 alpha unusable for me :(

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Shadow44 wrote:

> When I use the "Refresh installation" button, my Configurator
> configuration is supposed to remain in tact, is that right?
>
> Only to my dismay, it isn't. I just changed some MySQL field
> lengths in phpMyAdmin, tried the refresh, and now 3 of my
> Dadabik fields retain their special characteristics, while 17
> have reverted to deault .. aaargh!
>
> This will make 4.0 alpha unusable for me :(

You don't have to use the refresh function if you have just changed some MySQL field lengths.

Can you replicate the problem? Could you post or send me via e-mail a dump of your db (dadabik_* tables included)?

Bye,

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
Any time I've used the refresh option, my settings have been reverted back to default. This is why if I have to make small changes, I do so directly in the database tables themselves rather than refreshing and re-doing all my customizations.

DukeJustice

Wait! Not here!

Wouldn't want to start a war but...

When I add a field to a table and use the refresh installation... all properties on all fields remain intact for me... but the new field. Been using this function heavily for 3 days in a row now... Works just fine.

Using dadabik 4.0 beta, mysql 4.1.11, apache 2.0.53, php 4.3.10 under mandriva linux 2006 download edition.

Regards

Duke

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
Hmmm ... ok. I'll have to do more testing on that, although I don't know when I'll get to it -- maybe during the week at work where I can test this on our Unix web servers. At home here, I run things on my windows machine w/apache so results can differ.

I also have not had time to upgrade my many 'in-production' installs at work to version 4 yet, so perhaps things are different with v4. Once I have a chance to test it out, I'll post back. Thanks Duke!

Shadow44

I plan to 'wait and see' because this particular database has a large amount of Configurator customization; too much to keep losing and re-entering.

But I wonder, might there be a way to backup and restore the Configurator settings?

DukeJustice

¸yeah, use phpMyAdmin or else to backup just a table or all of them.

I am running several 4.0 beta dadabik databases... I offer you to setup one if you can provide me with a sql backup of it...

You'll then test it on my p3-256 ram, Mandriva 2006 home box.

The offer is on the table... See my email to try set it up.

Regards

Duke

Post Edited (11-21-05 17:09)