[08] Error: during query execution. (Cannot find solution in forum)

harbert

[08] Error: during query execution.
UPDATE `certorigin` SET `Inboud` = , `fsmbound` = 'No', `CertificateNumber` = 'test500', `Exporter` = 'Test123', `Importer` = 'Test', `Portofloading` = 'Guam', `vessel_aircraft` = 'cs957', `dateofdept` = , `placeoforigin` = 'Australia', `portofdischg` = 'Pohnpei', `countryfinal` = 'Pohnpei', `packagingdate` = '2006-09-12 00:00:00', `countryoftrans` = 'Guam', `quarantinofficer` = 'Derick Joseph', `ReceiptNumber` = 'rct125', `TotalDue` = '3.0000', `Collectedamout` = '3.0000', `Balancedue` = '0.0000', `Checknumber` = 'chk123', `cash` = '0', `moneyorder` = '0', `Totalweight` = '3', `Live Animal` = '', `Live Plant` = '', `VOID` = '0' where `CertificateNumber` = 'test500'
DBMS server said: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' `fsmbound` = 'No', `CertificateNumber` = 'test500', `Exporter` = 'Test123', `Im' at line 1

JP

I believe you can not have spaces in any of the words in your database. Examples would be 'Derick Joseph', `Live Animal` and `Live Plant`. They would have to be like this 'Derick_Joseph', `Live_Animal` and `Live_Plant` I think. Debbie please correct me if I am wrong here.

harbert

Hi JP, thank you for coming to the rescue. Appreciate it very much. As you can see below, I've edited everyting so that I don't have anymore spaces, but somehow I'm still getting the error message..It only happens when I select to use Date in the Field Type under Interface Configurator. Everything goes well if I chose to use anything beside date.

[08] Error: during query execution.
UPDATE `certorigin` SET `Bound` = 'FSMbound', `CertificateNumber` = 'test500', `Exporter` = 'Test123', `Importer` = 'Test', `id_certorigin` = '29647', `PortofLoading` = 'Guam', `Vessel_Aircraft` = 'c0123', `DateofDeparture` = , `PlaceofOrigin` = 'CNMI', `PortofDischarge` = 'Pohnpei', `FinalDestination` = 'Marshall Islands', `PackagingDate` = '2006-09-12', `CountryofTransit` = 'Guam', `QarantineOfficer` = 'Petring_Albert', `LivePlantLiveAnimal` = 'Live_Animal', `ReceiptNumber` = 'rct125', `TotalDue` = '3.0000', `CollectedAmout` = '3.0000', `BalanceDue` = '0.0000', `CheckNumber` = 'chk1237', `FormofPayment` = 'Cash', `Totalweight` = '36', `VOID` = '0' where `id_certorigin` = '29647'
DBMS server said: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' `PlaceofOrigin` = 'CNMI', `PortofDischarge` = 'Pohnpei', `FinalDestination` = '' at line 1

DebbieS

DaDaBIK Guru
JP - correct - no spaces in field names...

Harbert
Have you set your date fields to be a date field in the actual MySQL table? The field needs to be date type in MySQL to work properly with the date field type in DaDaBIK (I think - I've always set things up this way and have never had a problem). Only suggesting this because the first date field name appears to be blank and normally they are inserted into MySQL with zeros (0000-00-00).

Otherwise, is this located somewhere we can have a looksie?

harbert

Hi Debbie...Thank you very much for the reply.

Yes, in MySQL the Type is set to Date and in DaDaBik the Field Type is also set to Date.

harbert

Wow!!

DebbieS you are so right on the fix. Yes, the fix given by Eugenio fix the problem. Thank you so much DebbieS. You're a life saver.

For the rest of you, please follow the link given by DebbieS above to fix the date problem.

Again, Thank you DebbieS. You're the best :)

harbert