Search results

1. L

The behavior of Previous/Next buttons and the navigation bar

I think you mean 14500, if the (now) 23rd value is less than 15k. I'm not sure there is an easy way to describe this. I have a paragraph in my docs about the failure to "Next" when the current record is edited and doesn't match the filter any more, but will have to add some more paragraphs...
  2. L

The item from which you came no longer exists

Umm, yes, I'd better read the docs again :-) I need to note this in the documentation I'm providing to MY users, who aren't particularly computer-literate.
  3. L

a) Start Sales/CRM demo b) Login as root c) Choose [Products] from the menu d) Change Description filter to "Contains" and enter "Radio" e) [Quick Search] returns 2 items f) Click the [Edit] icon for the first record "AM / FM Table Radio Tivoli Audio iPAL..." g) Change the word "Radio" in the...
  4. L

I have been using a quick search to identify a set of records which I wish to correct. After editing a record, clicking "Save" and then "Next" returns a page saying only "The item from which you came no longer exists" It appears that the search is re-executed after the save and the corrected...
  5. L

Date field to be empty when Null

When you say "Default date", is that a database column default, or an import default? I suspect those default dates are in your database now. You could use a view to convert out-of-range dates to NULLs, or a custom formatting function (see manual 10.3) with a date comparison to return without...
  6. L

Quick search selectors for "empty" etc do not persist

I have the "Is empty" and "Is not empty" choices enabled for most of my quick search fields. However, once the search is made, they always revert to the first choice, "contains". This is really annoying. This occurs even when there is content in some of the other fields. Len. You are using...
  7. L

Stats Page Unauthenticated User

Yes, that's how you do it. Create a create a group for public, create a user "public" with a long dummy password in the public group, put that username in the config as above, assign read rights to the custom page to the public group. To have it auto-refresh you need to emit the following html...
  8. L

Inserting image in grid view when the uploaded file is not an image

To chrisj: If you have Enterprise/Platinum, you can add custom buttons which can reference the array of record IDs where the box is checked. After doing sanity checks, you can then run your SQL query. In the manual, under "10.7. Custom buttons" see the section "Custom buttons and records...
  9. L

Suppress Generate Chart, Pivot and PDF icons from results

Is it too much of a hassle to run two separate Dadabik applications on the same database? One for WordPress and one for internal use? Len.
  10. L

Please clarify about "ACTIVE Installations"

I am also curious about "active" applications. When you say "if you don't use it", does that mean the web-apps phone home? Otherwise, how is "active" defined? I have never built a canned application, but have just made 4 copies of the dadabik files, given each of them a unique ID string and...
  11. L

Pass username to login form in URL

Hello, I would like to be able to create bookmarks or shortcuts which pass the username to the login form, so the user only has to enter the password. Is it possible to do this by appending some sort of parameter to the login form URL of http://192.168.x.x/Trainfinda/login.php ? Thanks, Len...
  12. L

Pricing currency inconsistency on website

On the website at https://dadabik.com/index.php?function=show_pricing the prices in the top row of the table are in $ (USD I assume) but the maintenance prices at the bottom are in Euro. There should be a currency selector somewhere, or at least the prices should be in the same currency. BTW...
  13. L

Implemented Hide Search button if no fields enabled for Search

I have a number of tables with only a few columns, and all the searchable fields enabled for Quick Search. None are enabled for Search, but the Search button still appears, and when clicked on brings up a search page with no actual entry fields.
  14. L

Multi-field copy/paste

I have fiddled with this while watching motorsport over the weekend, and have implemented a JavaScript function accessed via a custom button which iterates through a list of field names and saves the current values in web browser sessionStorage nodes, rather than creating a JSON string or...
  15. L

Multi-field copy/paste

My app is a photo library, where records are created (with only ID numbers and links) as images are scanned, with descriptions added later (possibly much later) . I want to implemt custom buttons for "Copy all fields" and "Paste all empty fields" to simplify describing a number of similar...
  16. L

update-after hook to track user who made last modification

I think it would be safe to use $sql = 'UPDATE '.$quote.$table_name.$quote.' SET `updated_by` = :current_user WHERE `id` = :id'; to get the same effect because $table_name is not user-entered. Or does $table_name need to be possibly escaped?
  17. L

$treat_blank_as_null and is_empty/is_null

I am using the $treat_blank_as_null = 1 setting so empty fields are stored in the DB as nulls and I have suppressed the null checkboxes. However, I discovered recently that the is_empty search operator no longer works. is_null does work to find "empty" records. It seems that null records are not...
  18. L

Be very careful editing PHP files

My application is a photo database, and one day recently the JPEGs stopped displaying. After a lot of searching for permission related issues in both Dadabik and Linux, I finally discovered with the help of a friend that the JPEGs were being delivered from the server, but that a leading CRLF had...
  19. L

anyone with idea on how to give notice to user

The password dialogue is a bit like this, performing an activity and putting the result into a form field on a button click. I am looking for something similar, except I need a pop-up which offers a list of choices based on a lookup of a user entry.
  20. L

Help buttons for user form fields

I would like to have help buttons next to some of my form fields in edit mode, preferably query marks like the ones in the Form configurator. I have more information to display than fits tidily in the Tooltip, and I don't want it always visible and taking up space like a Hint. A flag converting...