Search results

1. D

Problems upgrading dadabik 9.2 pro to 11.8 pro

Hello Today I bought the new version 11.8 pro file & downloaded it and followed what seemed like simple steps to upgrade. I copied the up.php and up2.php into my existing dadabik installation root folder and ran up.php. All the requirements on page1 showed "OK". On page 2 I copied the...
  2. D

Dadabik 9.2 and PHP8

I'm being nagged by my ISP that my current PHP7.4 environment is past end of life and I must upgrade to PHP8 or face additional charges. I see this in my DaDaBik 9.2 documentation . Is DaDaBik 9.2 usable under PHP8? Many thanks, David.
  3. D

Rows in a view displaying twice

Hi Eugenio, Something else is puzzling me as I continue the migration of my forums and DaDaBik to a new host. All was working OK at the old host. I have a few DaDaBik pages based on views and the views weren't migrated with the MySQL database so I have recreated them in the new database. Each...
  4. D

error: 1785 Statement violates GTID consistency

Hello Eugenio, My previously working DaDaBik installation has just started to give error messages like this when I try to save changes to a record. Immediately before this failing I had deleted and replaced the table being queried with one having what I think is the same structure but newer...
  5. D

Upgrade of MySql database created errors in DaDaBik

Hello Eugenio, I have recently upgraded phpbb on my domain (from 3.0 to 3.3) and DaDaBik is referencing the phpbb database whose schema (field types) may well have been changed. I also needed to move from php 5.6 to php 7.2. Could either of these changes explain why my DaDabik app now has many...
  6. D

Case Sensitive searching

Hello, I would like to make the DaDaBiK searches to be case insensitive. At the moment all my searches are case sensitive. I understand that there may be some control over this done by the mysql server, so I did the following. I switched on $display_sql = 1; in config.php and ran a search...
  7. D

Admin users cannot login

Hi Eugenio, Haven't logged in to DaDaBik for a month or so, but perhaps you recognise this scenario. "Normal" user can login and after the login page is advanced to the app's menu screen - as expected. When "Admin" user logs in, there is no red "Wrong credentials" message (ie. I'm assuming...
  8. D

DaDaBikv9 "multiple inserts" and "insert as new"

I found the below in the version 9 changelog, but in my application I am prohibiting Creation of new records. (The records are created by another app & I'm using DaDaBik to add details and make exports). So I don't require either of these buttons in my application and I'd prefer users not to...
  9. D

Some forms' "make .csv" process times out with an error message

On DaDaBik 8.3 and then 9.0 I get the same behaviour On some of my pages derived from Views, when there are a greater number of records (like all 600 of them) the csv process times out. If I filter the same page on something to reduce the number of displayed records (like 200) the csv process...
  10. D

Copy Permissions to a New Group

Hi, I've got some quite detailed table permissions for the Admin group and I want to create a new group for non-Admins with basically the same permissions with a few changes. Is it possible to duplicate my existing table permissions to the new group? A bit like having a permissions template...