Problems upgrading dadabik 9.2 pro to 11.8 pro

dmajwool

Hello

Today I bought the new version 11.8 pro file & downloaded it and followed what seemed like simple steps to upgrade. I copied the up.php and up2.php into my existing dadabik installation root folder and ran up.php. All the requirements on page1 showed "OK". On page 2 I copied the 11.8..zip file into your temp folder and clicked "continue". Then I got the following error:

Upgrade​

[08] Error: during query execution. INSERT INTO `dadabik_permission_options` (id_permission_option, label_permission_option, value_permission_option) VALUES ('5', 'Yes but don''t show in menu', '4')
The DBMS server said: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '5' for key 'PRIMARY'
If this error persists when you open a page, try to logout and login again (this removes a possibly wrong search filter).

I ran the procedure a second time (restart) and got this error.

Upgrade​

[08] Error: during query execution. Set $debug_mode to 1 in your config.php to get further error information
If this error persists when you open a page, try to logout and login again (this removes a possibly wrong search filter).

An error occurred during the upgrade procedure, you can try to restart the procedure.

My existing DaDaBIK application still works and looks different styling on screen (different colours and icons). So it looks like something has been upgraded, but when I go to "Edit this app" I see the below message. It indicates that my installation has today's date, but reports the old version number.
So, has my application been upgraded in the database? Is this a display issue or must I do some other steps?
Many thanks, David.

About/upgrade​

DaDaBIK™ is a product conceived and developed by Eugenio Tacchini
Copyright © 2001-2022 Eugenio Tacchini
Proudly ❤️ made in Emilia
dadabik.com

Your current DaDaBIK version​

You are using DaDaBIK version 9.2-Monterosso pro, installed on 03-13-2023 (installation code: 141875c---df44e364), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.8-Elba released on 12-05-2022

You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enterprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info​

PHP Version: 7.4.33
mysql version: 5.7.38-log
Web server: Apache
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/110.0
URL installation:

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
we have discovered a bug that could be triggered if you upgrade a dadabik installation < 10.0, a fix will be available during the next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I suggest to use a backup and revert your working application back to its original situation and to upgrade it when the fix will be released.

Best,

dmajwool

Thank you Eugenio.
Alternatively, would it work for me if you sent me a copy of ddbik_v10.0.zip so that I can upgrade my 9.2 to 10.0 and then upgrade 10.0 to the 11.8 I already have?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
it's not something that can be easily done. The whole licensing and downloading process is managed by the reseller Fastspring and only the latest version is available.
The easiest option is to wait for the fix, that will be available soon.

Best,

dmajwool

OK, but as I said in my previous post, my ISP will be introducing additional monthly charges if I fail to upgrade to php 8.x within the next couple of weeks. I want to avoid that and ddb is the only app which is preventing me from upgrading php now. Since I have already paid for ddb v11.8 a quick bug fix would be very much appreciated.
Thanks, David.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
V 11.9 is ready, if all the release tests go as expected, it will be out on Wednesday.

Best,

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately the release tests did not go as expected, most probably DaDaBIK will be released tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning.

dmajwool

HI Eugenio,
I have tried this afternoon to run an upgrade v9.2 to v11.9, but I get an error. Please advise. Thanks, David.

The dadabik upgrade wizard shows:-

[08] Error: during query execution. INSERT INTO `dadabik_permission_options` (id_permission_option, label_permission_option, value_permission_option) VALUES ('5', 'Yes but don''t show in menu', '4')
The DBMS server said: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '5' for key 'PRIMARY'

and then if I try to use my dadabik I get

Warning: session_name(): session.name cannot be a numeric or empty '' in /homepages/23/<XXX>/htdocs/<mysite>/secretarial/include/common_start.php on line 0

Warning: ini_set(): Headers already sent. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time in /homepages/23/<XXX>/htdocs/<mysite>/secretarial/include/common_start.php on line 0

Warning: session_set_cookie_params(): Cannot change session cookie parameters when headers already sent in /homepages/23/<XXX>/htdocs/<mysite>/secretarial/include/common_start.php on line 0

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/23/<XXX>/htdocs/<mysite>/secretarial/include/common_start.php:0) in /homepages/23/<XXX>/htdocs/<mysite>/secretarial/include/common_start.php on line 0

Warning: session_start(): Cannot start session when headers already sent in /homepages/23/<XXX>/htdocs/<mysite>/secretarial/include/common_start.php on line 0

[01] Error: $serial_number in config.php is not specified or is not 8 characters long

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I did 9.x -> 11.9 upgrade tests and I didn't see problems. Are you sure you reverted your installation back to 9.2 using a backup after your first upgrade?

dmajwool

Hi Eugenio.
Yes, I'm sure that before I attempted my 9.2 ->11.9 upgrade I reverted to a 9.2 backup that was stored before my first upgrade attempt (9.2->11.8).
Can I tell you something (eg. an example filesize that is unique in a non-upgraded v9.2) so that we can confirm this?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
check your dadabik_permission_options table after having reverted DaDaBIK to 9.2, how many records you have there? What is the highest ID?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I see. If this is the table, I am pretty sure it is not a "clean" 9.2 installation: the "yes but don't show in menu" option has been introduced in V 9.4.

The most probable thing is that you already tried to upgrade that installation but the upgrade did not went as expected so you got a "partially upgraded" installation. Are you sure you are reverting your app back to 9.2 using both the files AND the DB dump?

dmajwool

Hi Eugenio.
Before this error report thread I have not previously upgraded higher than my v9.2
After the bug caused the DaDaBIK upgrade to crash I reverted only my files back to my 9.2 backup. Reverting the database is not straightforward because DaDaBIK is installed within a larger database that has frequent live edits. My DaDaBIK is used to display the content of a few tables in the main database that are edited by another application that has about 300 users. So I cannot simply restore the entire database without losing data. The DaDaBIK application has not been modified for at least a year and I do have a backup for it from before this present difficulty.
Please can you tell me which DaDaBIK tables within my database I must now restore from an earlier database backup without risking damaging my DaDaBIK application. Please can you also instruct me what MySQL commands I should use to do this.

Thanks, David.

Here is an extract of the databasebackup.sql that I have
Code:
-- --------------------------------------------------------

--
-- Table structure for table `dadabik_permission_options`
--

CREATE TABLE `dadabik_permission_options` (
  `id_permission_option` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `label_permission_option` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
  `value_permission_option` int(11) NOT NULL
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

--
-- Dumping data for table `dadabik_permission_options`
--

INSERT INTO `dadabik_permission_options` (`id_permission_option`, `label_permission_option`, `value_permission_option`) VALUES
(1, 'Yes', 1),
(2, 'No', 0),
(3, 'My', 2),
(4, 'Yes but disabled', 3);

-- --------------------------------------------------------

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
a dadabik backup consists of files+db; it is difficult for me to understand exactly what exactly happened, probably even the first time you tried to upgrade there was already something wrong because "Yes but don''t show in menu" was not supposed to be there.

The only proper way to upgrade dadabik is the one described here:
that consists in stopping the system during upgrades and revert it back with files + DB in case of problems.

If you can't import the whole DB, since you don't have revisions table, I suggest to import only the dadabik_ tables (plus the files) and try again the upgrade from there. The backup you are showing here looks fine (no "Yes but don''t show in menu" option) but considering that it still unclear what happened, I can't guarantee this procedure will bring your app exactly in the situation it should be.

Best,

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
Please can you tell me which DaDaBIK tables within my database I must now restore from an earlier database backup without risking damaging my DaDaBIK application. Please can you also instruct me what MySQL commands I should use to do this.
In case it helps to backup only the dadabik tables from within a database and assuming you are running on linux with your tables prefixed dadabik_ you can run the following command:-

Code:
mysql dbname -u username -p -N -e 'show tables like "dadabik\_%"' | xargs mysqldump dbname -u username -p > dadabikextract.sql