Search results

1. taubes

Refresh/update a search form without loosing the (quick)filter ?

Hi, Example (ordering-system): I have (quick) filter filtering orders that have the status "new". Each order has a custom row button where I can change the status of this order say to "done". When I click the change status button of the select row I loose the filtering of the search-form and...
  2. taubes

Default value

Hi, When you insert a new entry and have a default value set in a cascade parent (select single), you can no longer select a cascade filter because it needs a refresh like changing the cascade parent to something else update the cascade filter. I did not see this in the manual under "known...
  3. taubes

Problem with some PDF upload

Hi, I have a problem with the file upload of some PDFs. For some PDFs I get an ERROR uploading file while for other PDFs I do not. I got around this by printing these broken PDFs into a fresh PDF but as I have other people uploading PDFs this problem occurs quite frequently. I have not found...
  4. taubes

Error: unconfirmed user permission refresh

Hi I have a problem with user permissions. I have a "public" registration page that is a view from dadabik's user table and it has worked well in the past. It got broken with a recent dadabik update but I cannot pin-point which update exactly but probably linked to the new self-registration...
  5. taubes

Multiple Menu Cascade Parent

Hi, It is described in the Documents that in the Forms Configurator onc should not use the combination of Select Multiple Menu together with a Cascade Parent field because it can lead to unpredictable outcomes. For me I have used it anyway as it worked in principle but was very slow. With...
  6. taubes

Strategy Question - Insertable Views

Hi, Is there a way to catch a SQL request before it is executed and change i.e. the insert into `table` statement. I have views that are non-insertable because they contain important select( count(*) ... data. Therefore I would like to edit insert SQL-command and direct it to an insertable...
  7. taubes

Fatal error message in DB Synchro/Add Fields

Hi, Using DaDaBIK version 11.7-Elba platinum. I get this reproducible fatal error in "DB Synchro" when I click add fields and there are no new fields to add in the database. In previous versions this was just ignored. Adding new fields in "DB Synchro" otherwise works fine. This has no...
  8. taubes

Use of DaDaBiK in clinical studies

Hi Eugenio, Thanks again for developing and supporting DaDaBik over the years. I started using DaDaBik for small personal projects first but it has now become an indispensable tool for managing professional data. We recently conducted a longitudinal study on SARS-CoV-2 infections. For this we...
  9. taubes

greater then/than

Hi, There has been a long running typo in the search_operator field for date and time. Maybe for the next 11.1 update you could accept both operators less_thEn and less_thAn that way old databases won't need to be updated but one does not deliberately have to type the wrong "then". Best ST
  10. taubes

BUG calculated field

Hi I found a bug in an a calculated field. The correct calculated field is shown but the value is not saved when if have "if" condition in the calculated_field_function: if ($parameters_ar('field_x') == 1) { ... set return value ... } that references a field with the EDIT permission 'YES but...
  11. taubes

Moving Position of field changes settings

Hi This is a big one: If I change the position of a field in the forms configurator let's say from pos. 20 (city) to pos. 18 (country), I end up with both positions 18 and 20 having the form configurator settings for country. The expected behavior would be that 20 (city) becomes 18 (city) and...
  12. taubes

calculated fields referencing cascade parent and filter

Hi, A little inconsistency. If you have a calculated field referencing a cascade parent and filter field: If you update the cascade parent the calculated field is not properly updated. It correctly shows the new cascade parent but incorrectly the old non-matching cascade filter value although...
  13. taubes

Add a password entry field type ***

It would be nice to have a input field of the password type showing **** when you type rather than the password.
  14. taubes

Flatpickr

Hi, For me it is important that users can enter the date into date fields manually. Since the nice introduction of flat picker, I have to keep editing the header.php to set the allowInput: true (lines 1453++) for the date_picker. I presume that most people would like to have this on by default...
  15. taubes

Dadabik php 7.3 - Safari can’t open the page ... because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection.

Hi On a Mac system DaDaBIK works fine with PHP 7.2 but not with PHP 7.3. I get to the install.php (all green) but the install2.php fails to connect to localhost. phpinfo() confirms php 7.3 and shows that ioncube is loaded fine. System info PHP Version: 7.2.34 mysql version...
  16. taubes

Table Relationship

Hi, I have a problem with a fresh installation. I am getting error messages in the admin section when tables have a relationship constraint. Something like this for every relationship constraint. Notice: Undefined index: column_name in /Users/stau/Sites/lim/include/db_functions_pdo.php on...
  17. taubes

Default values in DATE and select fields

Hi Is there an easy way to provide the current date in a date_picker field as a default value and likewise the current username in a single_select as a default value? Thanks so much as always, Stefan
  18. taubes

Orphaned primary_key_table_fields causing errors after upgrade from 9.21 to 9.22

Hi, I ran into some issues after upgrading a copy of my main Dadabik application from 9.21 to 9.22. Basically after the update to 9.2.2 I get unexpected "primary_key_table_field = xxx" errors for all tables and views that are still linked somewhere as a "primary_key_table_field" even for...
  19. taubes

Custom button that uses a filtered query

Hi, I hope somebody can help me here. I am using a custom button to generate a custom PDF from the results_grid (see below). The only variable that I can use is $table_name. Is there a way to access the filter, set by search and quick search in my custom_function. (...)...
  20. taubes

BUG?? - Empty Dates produce undefined offset in general_functions.php

Hi Eugenio, I hope you can help quickly. When I use empty dates in a query, I get the following notice for each record with an empty date format Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in ...sqlite/include/general_functions.php on line 287 Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in...