Search results

1. E

Changing the whole look of Dadabik without changing header.php

Is there a way in Dadabik 6.3 to change the whole look the way Dadabik databse is displayed with the menus and everything else without changing header.php? Originally in Dadabik 4.2 I had to modify header.php and footer.php, but now those files don't work anymore, because all of the code inside...
  2. E

PHP files with capital letters in the names

I noticed a potential issue which you might want to address in the next revision of Dadabik. If you extract the Dadabik install in Windows from the ZIP file and then upload all of the files to the server using FTP, Windows changes all capital letters in the file names to small letters. And...
  3. E

Blank Admin and Index Pages

I installed version 6.3 and everything magically started working.
  4. E

2 additional questions: 1) Does it matter that the storage engine on the mysql server is set to MyISAM, where as all the tables written by Dadabik are InnoDB? 2) Does it matter that the Collation written by Dadabik is set on all tables to latin1_general_ci, but the server's default is set to...
  5. E

My provider (I am using 1and1.com) informed me that their system does not have access tothe PHP logs so we can't look at that. However, I did try a bunch of stuff, as follows: I can set the server to run one of the following PHP versions: 5.2, 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6. If I set it to 5.2, then nothing...
  6. E

Hi. I was running the free Dadabik 4 for the past 5 years. But my server provider upgraded to PHP 5.5 and it stopped working. So I purchased the latest Pro version of Dadabik 6.2 and installed a clean database, so I can start from scratch. The problem is after what seemed like a successful...
  7. E

Dadabik Style Sheet does not load in Chrome

I just got an idea which did solve the problem without even clearing the cache. Instead of loading the style sheet from a CSS file I put it directly in header.php. In header.php I removed the following line: <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/styles_screen.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />...
  8. E

Well apparently none of my ideas worked, because I looked at the web site today from the same computer and it's not loading the style sheet again.
  9. E

Well this problem of Chrome not loading the style sheet keeps coming back. All my previous posts where I seemed to have fixed it, only worked for a while, but eventually Chrome would display the page again without the style sheet loaded. It almost seems like every time Google would upgrade...
  10. E

Well I was still having a problem in Chrome on some computers. But I found the culprit. The problem was in header.php file in the following 2 lines: They looked like this: <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/styles_screen.css" type ="text/css" media="screen"> <link rel="stylesheet"...
  11. E

I figured out what the problem is. There was a curly bracket } missing in one declaration in styles_screen.css and also the semicolon in 2 places. Once I fixed them and reloaded the page it works fine. Important to note that Chrome does not clear its cache very well, so you need to open Chrome...
  12. E

I am having a very strange problem with the Dadabik page. It loads fine in every browser except for some installations of Chrome. On some computers it looks fine in Chrome as well. But in others it does not load the Dadabik Style sheet so all the fonts look weird and there is no background. It...
  13. E

how to set results table column width?

Just posting here the solution for problem #1 from the other thread. The code in business_logic.php needs to look as follows: ... this one converts new lines to line breaks ... case "text_right_justified": if ($display_mode == "results_table") { $field_to_display = "<SPAN DIR=rtl><div...
  14. E

how to right justify values in table cells

This worked. Thank you so much.
  15. E

No that didn't work either. See here. the columns on the right side are as wide as the text in them. http://www.seforimonline.org/seforimdb/
  16. E

Well I tried to modify the case code in order to get the column width to work using word_wrap but it's not happening. My case in business_logic.php now looks like this: case "text_right_justified": if ($display_mode == "results_table") { $displayed_part = wordwrap($field_value...
  17. E

ok I solved problem #2. I needed to do the following in config.php. 1) $word_wrap_col had to be set to a smaller value, in my case 15. This forced all fields that have a lot of text in them to be shortened to a specific width. 2) $word_wrap_fix_width had to be set to 0 and not 1. This allowed...
  18. E

ok I played around with the word_wrap settings in config.php. I still have 2 problems with it. 1) It does not work with the new text type that I created text_right_justified. It looks like I need to add it to the display mode called plain_text, but I can't find where I need to do that. Please...
  19. E

Actually it was the missing break; that was causing it not to work right. Once I added the break everything worked correctly. The final case in business_logic.php looks like this: case "text_right_justified": if ($display_mode == "results_table") { $field_to_display = "<SPAN...
  20. E

I forgot to post the link to the site: http://www.seforimonline.org/seforimdb/