Recent content by michaelp

1. M

Lowest year in date field only 1968

I just changed mine. It's in include/config.php. Look for // start and end year for date field, used to build the year combo box for date fields. Change and save file.
  2. M

dollar signs and numeric sort

I have columns with currency values prepended by a dollar sign...like $23.57. Sorting these as varchar in mysql leads to a more or less alphabetical style sort with $23.57 coming before $3.00. Switching such columns to numeric causes an error in mysql because of the $ sign and everything...
  3. M

wrap URL

Actually, I fiddled around with things and serendipitously did something that allowed URLs to function and wrap in IE7 but not Firefox. I'm not sure what I did. But my final solution was to do what you suggested. I used a substring function to take a piece out of the URL to use as the displayed...
  4. M

wrap URL

DaDaBIK v. 4.2 IE7, Firefox 2.0.0.3 Operating system Linux Kernel version 2.6.9-42.0.10.ELsmp Machine Type i686 Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix) PHP version 5.1.6 MySQL version 4.1.21-standard-log Is there any way to force a URL to wrap or to have the results table fit a page? I've tried messing...
  5. M

search function not working right

Post Edited (04-22-07 03:06)
  6. M

Sorry to reply to my own message, but I think I figured this out. Actually, as it turns out some of the columns do search. All the ones that don't search were columns with names that were not a single word. In other words, the 'High Bid' column wouldn't work but the 'Bids' column did. So I just...
  7. M

DaDaBIK v. 4.2 IE7, Firefox 2.0.0.3 Operating system Linux Kernel version 2.6.9-42.0.10.ELsmp Machine Type i686 Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix) PHP version 5.1.6 MySQL version 4.1.21-standard-log I've just started using dadbik out of the box and had no problem connecting to the database...