Recent content by dmajwool

1. D

Problems upgrading dadabik 9.2 pro to 11.8 pro

Hi Eugenio. Before this error report thread I have not previously upgraded higher than my v9.2 After the bug caused the DaDaBIK upgrade to crash I reverted only my files back to my 9.2 backup. Reverting the database is not straightforward because DaDaBIK is installed within a larger database...
  2. D

Column headings from phpmyAdmin have become offset, but you get the idea. id_permission_option label_permission_option value_permission_option Edit Copy Delete 1 Yes 1 Edit Copy Delete 2 No 0 Edit Copy Delete 3 My 2 Edit Copy Delete 4 Yes but...
  3. D

Hi Eugenio. Yes, I'm sure that before I attempted my 9.2 ->11.9 upgrade I reverted to a 9.2 backup that was stored before my first upgrade attempt (9.2->11.8). Can I tell you something (eg. an example filesize that is unique in a non-upgraded v9.2) so that we can confirm this?
  4. D

HI Eugenio, I have tried this afternoon to run an upgrade v9.2 to v11.9, but I get an error. Please advise. Thanks, David.
  5. D

Thank you Eugenio
  6. D

OK, but as I said in my previous post, my ISP will be introducing additional monthly charges if I fail to upgrade to php 8.x within the next couple of weeks. I want to avoid that and ddb is the only app which is preventing me from upgrading php now. Since I have already paid for ddb v11.8 a...
  7. D

Thank you Eugenio. Alternatively, would it work for me if you sent me a copy of ddbik_v10.0.zip so that I can upgrade my 9.2 to 10.0 and then upgrade 10.0 to the 11.8 I already have?
  8. D

Hello Today I bought the new version 11.8 pro file & downloaded it and followed what seemed like simple steps to upgrade. I copied the up.php and up2.php into my existing dadabik installation root folder and ran up.php. All the requirements on page1 showed "OK". On page 2 I copied the...
  9. D

Dadabik 9.2 and PHP8

Is this a typo? Do you mean "The support for PHP8"
  10. D

Dadabik 9.2 and PHP8

I'm being nagged by my ISP that my current PHP7.4 environment is past end of life and I must upgrade to PHP8 or face additional charges. I see this in my DaDaBik 9.2 documentation . Is DaDaBik 9.2 usable under PHP8? Many thanks, David.
  11. D

Rows in a view displaying twice

Hi Eugenio, Thank you for that pointer. I have found the culprit, it was as you suggested a duplicate value in a lookup field. Two rows in the linked table had the value zero and when I reset the rogue duplicate to NULL, my problem went away. So, not a DaDaBIK issue at all - it was a data...
  12. D

To recap: A newly created view (with the same SELECT statement) produces no duplicated rows in its new page in DaDaBIK. However, In an attempt to recover my previous page formatting work and apply it to "new_view"; in the database table dadabik_forms I copied the 30 rows where table_name =...
  13. D

Remove "insert as new" button

Hi Jason, Just a thought... I don't know but it may be that your mods along these lines in core files might be vulnerable to deletion if/when you upgrade your DaDaBIK Best keep a separate log of your mods to re-apply in the future. Cheers, David.
  14. D

Some more info: If I do use DaDaBIK to create another view with the same select query as the original, install it and create a page to go with it, this new replacement displays each record once, as expected. So now I have 2 similar views in the MySQL database, the old one displays records...
  15. D

Hi Eugenio, Something else is puzzling me as I continue the migration of my forums and DaDaBik to a new host. All was working OK at the old host. I have a few DaDaBik pages based on views and the views weren't migrated with the MySQL database so I have recreated them in the new database. Each...