Keep on getting the login screen

jdp

Hi.

I installed DaDaBik on a Raspberry Pi. The install script ran and all said it is fine.

I get the login screen but when I enter the username / password I just get the login screen again.

what could be the problem ?

Regards.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
you might have some mistake in config.php.
Did you change $site_url and $site_path parameters in config.php ? Please check the FAQ http://www.dadabik.org/index.php?function=show_faqs and in particular the question "I can't login into DaDaBIK".

Best,

jdp

Hi. The 2 parameters are.

[pre]
$site_url = 'http://10.64.9.34/system/';

$site_path = '/system/';
[/pre]

and all the files are copied to the system folder in apache. There is a sim link pointing to the system folder in the html folder.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Please try to leave the parameters empty: ''.

Is there a public URL where I can see the application?

jdp

I can give you teamviewer access to it

I also see that the counter does not add up. It stays at 1.

I made them '' but still the same.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, if the simple counter script doesn't work it means there is a problem with your PHP installation, for some reason PHP sessions are not working. Fix the issue with sessions before continuing.

In order to avoid any possible source of problems, I would also try the installation in a directory where there is no sim links involved.

jdp

EmonCMS is working on the PI. I installed this app on the same pi. When you say PHP is not working. What is wrong if other system using the same PHP is working.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I am saying that standard PHP sessions are not working correctly, I don't know EmonCMS so I can't say if they use $_SESSION or not.
Try my suggestions with sim links.

jdp

I removed the symlink and copied the folder to the html folder. I still get the same problem.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
If the PHP sessions are working correctly and if the config.php file has been edit correctly it must work.

What you can do is:
1) If you can give the app a public accessible URL, send us (support@dadabik.org) the URL and the login credentials.

2) Send us your config.php file

3) temporary set $enable_authentication to 0 in config.php and see what happens

jdp

If I set the auth to 0 I get this

[pre]
Congratulations! This is the homepage of the DaDaBIK application you have created.

If you login as administrator, you can customize this homepage choosing "Show items" and then "Custom pages" from the tables list.

You can customize this application choosing "Administration".

[/pre]

jdp

I see the problem is only on FireFox. On Chrome it works.
So does this only work on Chrome ?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
It's the first time I see this behaviour, I see it's working with Safari and Chrome but not with Firefox.

I've noticed that Firefox didn't correctly save the session cookie, that's why it doesn't work. I am pretty sure it's a Firefox bug, it gets confused because in your config.php you named the session "dadabik", which is also the name of another cookie DaDaBIK sets. If you change it to something different than "dadabik" I am sure it will work.

jdp

Thanks it is working now. I changed the session name.

Maybe add to the file comments not to name the session that lol.

Thanks for the help.