WordPress display

amacdougall

I have Dadabik set up and its running nicely. I've just installed the WordPress plug-in and it seems to be fine as well.

However the WordPress plugin isn't quite as I had hoped. That's not a fault of the plugin.

What I'm hoping to do is allow Dadabik to be the front end for publicly available info from the database... is that possible?

I don't want a user to log in when viewing via WordPress, I just want Dadabik to present a pre-determined view based on a table, and/or filters that would hopefully be called from within the shortcode on a page.

Thanks,

Alexander

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
you can disable the login from config.php.
You could customize the dadabik homepage with ilnks to filtered tables; to get a link to a predefined query just search the records then copy the link provided by one of the "page" (1 2 3 4 ...) link, changing the last part according to the page you want to show (page count starts from 0).

thompanilla

when disabling the login (i assume by setting $enable_authentication = 0;) are you then also exposing the information in the database to be changed simply by going to to /admin.php?

e.g. will 'public' users be able to manipulate the records and settings?

I'm trying to protect the data - but allow for read-only access for the general public.

thanks in advance for your help!

Johnny

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
yes, you are allowing everybody to access everything. You could create two instances of DaDaBIK pointing to the same DB, one having delete/update/insert and login disabled, the other having all the feature enabled (and login too). Using two different prefixes, session name and secret_key in config.php should do the trick (I haven't tested it, though).

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
$enable_authentication is in config.php, other configurations are in the database but why this should interfere?