Question about hiding a table in drop down list

Ping

I have searched through the forums but I have not found a solution to this and maybe it's an issues specific to my instance.

I have set Read to "No" to a junction table in my many to many relationship and as the manual states it does hide the table from my dropdown. But when I go to enter data from my master/detail view I can insert the data, it checks for duplicates and when I confirm my insert I get the following error: [05] Error: you are attemping to manage a not allowed table.

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this?

I am running WAMP PHP5.5.12 MySQL 5.6.17 and Apache 2.4.9

Attached is a screen shot of my permissions for the table - Permissions Screenshot

Thanks in advance

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
can you give some more details about the DB schema? System_component is the hidden table, what is the table connected with system_component? In which table you are trying to insert records? Which fields you are checking for duplicated?

Ping

I have a table called 'system' (id, name, description) and a table called 'component' (id, name, purpose, etc...)

The 'system_component' table is a junction table between system and component. I had a many to many relationship between 'system' and 'component' which was normalized by using 'system_component'.

I have a form that lists the component with a master detail relationship to system. This is so that I can add components to different systems. (This works well as I can add the current component to a system) - when I create a new item it brings up the 'system_component' entry form. (And this works too).

The problem is when I use the dropdown that shows all the tables within dadabik it shows the 'system_component' table which is the junction table. From what I read if I go to permissions and change my table read permission to 'no' the table should not show up in my dropdown list. (This also works) But as soon as I try to map a new component to a system through the component form --> master/detail --> system_component form. I get an error stating that I am trying to access a table I don't have permission to.

Is this a limitation in dadabik or is there a way to hide junction tables?

Thank you

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
you said that components has a master detail relationship with system; this shouldn't be possible because they don't "share" a field, did you mean systems_components?

Ping

Yes, you are correct it's a master detail between the component table and system_component. My mistake, I thought it was with the system table as I have the system_component table using a select_single referencing the system table to retrieve the system name.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
you just reported it wrong here in the forum or it was wrong in your installation too and now it works?

Ping

Just reported it wrong in the forum it is set up correctly in my product. Also when I set the read property on the table to "no" it hides the table but I get the error listed in the original post above. So just back to the original question with a jump table in a many to many relationship is it possible to hide it from the dropdown listing in Dadabik?

Thanks

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
if you set read permission OFF on a details table you won't see it in the drop down menu but you still see it if it is in a master/details relation and the master has read permission ON. I don't know what is happening in your application, maybe a misconfiguration? If you can give me access to the application (send email) I can have a look.