installing and configurating dadabik

peterKa

I had an old version of dadabik (3.2), too old for conversion. So I installed the new dadabik 5.1.2.
After installation all my tables were included except the tables that were included in the old dadabik.
It was a lot of work to exclude the tables (400) that had been automatically included. The 8 tables that I wanted to include was no problem.

BUT: after the inclusion of my tables I started with the configuration of the fields. Suddenly the program stopped with the FORMS module,
and I found that all tables that I had excluded were included again, and the tables that I had included were excluded.

Can some-one help me and tell me how to get my configuration done.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
the explanation of the problem is not very clear, can you explain more in details?
When you have to re-install from scratch DaDaBIK because the version is too old for automatic upgrade you just need to delete all the tables created by DaDaBIK, keep the "real" tables (the one containing your data) and install DaDaBIK. That's all.

peterKa

The core of my question is: how is it possible that during the execution of "save configuration" in the tabsheet "Form configurator"
that my table under construction gets UNinstalled, so I have to start anew.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
This is not a normal behaviour, are you sure you didn't mix the new installation with the old one? Have you deleted all the dadabik tables before installing the new dadabik?
Please create a new db having just one or two simple table, install DaDaBIK on this database and see if you still get that odd behaviour.