Change order of rows

kalimba

Hi.

I have an order (sequence etc.) field in my table. How can i implement to edit record page to customize order, is there any filed type?

There are several sections which are using in admin page.

order_field.png

Note: Id field is going to different (order, sequence etc.) of course.

Thank you

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry I didn't clearly understand your question, please give an example.
The "step 4" is just for deciding the order of the columns in the results grid and the order of the form element in the forms.

kalimba

Hi eugenio,

Step 4 was just an example.

Example picture

edit_record_page.png

The order/sequence field could be a numeric text, but not comfortable for user. What is your suggestion for this case?

Thank you.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
If you just need a listbox with e.g. 1...10 elements you can use a select_single field type, specifying all the elements you want.

kalimba

Hi.

The order list lenght always changes on add a new record. i don't want to select a number from static list group. it has to be dynamic and when it changed, the order values of other rows have to be shifted.

for example

This is my table

order-table.png

My query in client side (not dadabik) is

[pre]
select * from table order by order asc
[/pre]

When i want see name 8 top of a list, i select order number in same line with name 8 and change to 1. name 5 order value shift to 2, name 6 -> 3

I would like to change the order of a client side list without customize dadabix.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, now I understand, you want a sort of "record order" new field type. There's no way to add this feature to DaDaBIK without code change.