Need a DB primer

S

Sownman

Frankly databases make my head hurt. I bought a book "Sql in Easy Steps" It takes big leaps over things that most other people must be born knowing. Things like
What is a table ? What is a field ? How do you determine how many tables and filds you need to cover your subject and get the searchability you want ? What are blob's Enum's ?

I really need a beginner guide to get these
terms and their usage to gel for me. Any suggestions ?

Regards

Steve

D

Debbie S

Well, there's a lot of information out there. Because different methods of learning differ for everyone, simply do a Google search for MySQL Tutorial and have a look at some of the stuff available.

phpMyAdmin also makes simple work of creating databases/tables/etc. You may want to look into that also.

Debbie
(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 Beta)

S

simon

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago... and I found an quite good article on wikipedia.de

Simon

A database consits of one or more tabels. A table itself consits of many fields in different colums. What you have to ask yourself is which columns you will need.

Blob is a definition of an field as an text field that enlarges if you put text into... so you need it to make people abled to put text in the field without having any borders...

I hope I was abled to help you with these short comments... the work to think which tables and columns you need only you yourself can do...

Simon