Search Engine

B

BB

I am new to PHP and find the use of DaDaBIK very convenient. I would like to create a search page on my website similiar to the one found in DaDaBIK. Is there a way I can extract or modify the code to use on a website?

D

Debbie S

BB

Are you planning to incorporate the search page for your whole web site or just a database on your web site or what? Please provide more details about how you want this to work -- without that, I can't really say if/how it would work.

Debbie
(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 Beta)

B

BB

Debbie,

I would like to have a search.php page that pulls information from a single MySQL database and shows the results in the results.php page. So...someone could search for a particular business name on the search.php page and the results.php page would show the information from the database that matched what was searched for. Similar to what can be done in DaDaBIK but this would be a "public" search page.

BB

D

Debbie S

BB

Why don't you just implement DaDaBIK for public view-only use? You can create two instances of DaDaBIK (described in documentation) where one is for administering the data and the other is public view.

That would be the simplest way to do it.

Debbie
(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 Beta)