authentication

C

Chris

About authentication:
In the manual I read,
To enable authentication each table you want to protect must have a field whose field type is set to ID_user.
Question: is it a field called ID_user? Or is it any field set to ID_user. How do I set it to ID_user. I use PHPmyAdmin to manage my database, but I don't see a ID_user in the fieldtypes to set it to ID_user.

Thanks,
Chris

M

marcello

You have to add a field in your table (with phpmydmin) and name it something like 'owner' or 'signature' (it does not really matter as DaDaBIK will take care of recognising it).
Then you go to the DaDaBIK interface configurator for that table and assign the attribute 'ID_user' for the newly created field and then set it not to be shown in the insert/update form. From that point on the field will be filled automatically every time you insert a new record. It will be filled with the username of the person who insert it. In config.php you can decide what other users can do with that record.
It seems complicated but I think it's not :)

K

kevin

I have performed the step descripbed above and I can't get into the first login.

I have the following set-up:

Enable authenticaiton is set to (1).
I have added some users to the simplelogin_users.php
<?
1:admin:password
0:user:password
1:joe:password
?>

I have chowned the file by nobody.

I have added a field to my table called ID_user, it is set to Text length 11.

I have went into the admin page and installed the table and I have set it to no on the insert/update form.

I can see the value is set to 0 as I permitted its display.

I have no idea what to do next.

Any Help is much appreciated.

G

Giuliano

Same thing here, can't pass the initial login screen.

How do you enable basic login ? There must be something else to be done other than setting 1 on config.php

Please explain! Thanks

D

Debbie S

When you turn auth on in config.php, you then login to DaDaBIK either as one of the users or as admin. When you log in as admin, you can create users there. The default users re-configured are admin and user with password set to "password" for each.

I'd recommend setting up users through the admin:password user so that the entries are properly spaced, coded, etc. in the simplelogin_users.php file.

Once you are using the authentication, restrictions are set according to what you've set in config.php.

Debbie
(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 Beta)