problems with multiple select

I

Isaac

I have problems with setting up multiple select... I am using dadabik 2.2.1. In config I set the size to 100. And I have my own popup menu that allows multiple select. I set mysql data type to "set" with possible values '1','2','3',...,'96' and with default set to 'NULL'. I get an error message saying "undefined index": business_logic.php on line 590 and undefined variable on line 1189. What am i doing wrong? I am pretty new with programming language especially PHP and mysql.. Thank you...

D

Debbie S

Isaac

Your post is not clear about whether the problem is whether the multiple select is correctly working or if the problem is the "undefined index" message displaying.

If multiple select is not working properly, please read the documentation that came with the 2.2.1 distribution on how to correctly set up the input for multiple select fields.

If the problem is the undefined index messages, please see this post in the forum >>> http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=2533&t=2533.

Debbie
(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 Beta)

I

isaac

I configured the field in admin.php and error messages (undefined index and variable) disappeared. However, I still cannot insert data into mysql database using select multiple... There is no problem with select single.
And for options to be included in admin page I specify options using ~label~label~. right? But, how do I specify the values?
If I were to use an outside webpage for
<select size="10 name=something multiple>
<option value="1">label1
<option value="2">label2
<option value="3">label3
</select>
what should I do to make dadabik recognize mutiple selection?
from the confused and overwhelmed
Thank you...

D

Debbie S

isaac

If you are specifying the options through the admin interface configurator, ~label~label~ ARE the values that are displayed in the select list. To use another table to populate the select field, you would input an SQL statement in the foreign key field for table1:

SQL: select valuefieldname from table2

Linking tables via primary key is not supported until V3.0.

Debbie

I

isaac

Everything works if I use the dadabik insert form, having specified the options through the admin interface configurator. For using outside website, if I insert []after the name of the menu, I found out that dadabik would recognize values inserted; however, without [], it will not recognize the string returned. But, there lies my problem, my popup menu would not work with [] inserted. To be honest, I am not sure that is the only problem.
<select size="10 name=something[] multiple>
<option value="1">label1
<option value="2">label2
<option value="3">label3
</select>
i have added the code for the popup menu. I would appreciate it immensely if you could somehow fix it or give me hints or tips to fix it. Thanks so much!!!!

<html>
<head>
<script language="JavaScript">
Begin

</SCRIPT>
</head>
<body onLoad="javascript:fillInitialDestList();">
<center>
<form method="POST">
<table bgcolor="#FFFFCC">
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#FFFFCC" width="74">Available</td>
<td bgcolor="#FFFFCC"> </td>
<td bgcolor="#FFFFCC" width="69">Selected</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#FFFFCC" width="85">
<select size="6" name="srcList" multiple>
<option value="1">Item 1
<option value="2">Item 2
<option value="3">Item 3
<option value="4">Item 4
<option value="5">Item 5
<option value="6">Item 6
</select>
</td>
<td bgcolor="#FFFFCC" width="74" align="center">
<input type="button" value=" >> " onClick="javascript:addSrcToDestList()">
<br><br>
<input type="button" value=" << " onclick="javascript:deleteFromDestList();">
</td>
<td bgcolor="#FFFFCC" width="69">
<select size="6" name="destList" multiple>
</select>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan=3 align="center">
<input type="button" value="Done" onClick = "javascript:addSelectedItemsToParent()">
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
</body>
</html>

<HEAD>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

</script>
</HEAD>

<BODY>

<center>
<form method=post>
<table border=1 bgcolor="#ffffcc">
<tr>
<td>
<select size=5 name=parentList multiple>
</select>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align=center>
<input type=button value="Add Item" onclick = "javascript:small_window('modify.html');">
<input type=button value="Delete Item" onclick = "javascript:deleteSelectedItemsFromList(parentList);">
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
</center>

<p><center>
<font face="arial, helvetica" size="-2">Free JavaScripts provided<br>
by The JavaScript Source</font>
</center><p>

D

Debbie S

isaac

Is there a location where I can view this in action? If not, perhaps you can send me a zip of your files (these javascript ones and the DaDaBIK files) and a dump of your DB and I'll have a look at it and try to debug it. It is really easier to try and solve the problem if I can see what it is doing.

Debbie