Joins and integration

S

Stuart

Is it possible to create joins along with table searches ?
The table I want to use dadabik with is basically all meaningless codes / id's to the outsider user.

Thank you ,
Stuart

D

Debbie S

Stuart

Please provide more detail about what you are looking for -- some examples of the behavior you need.

Debbie
(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 Beta)

S

Stuart

Okay here is an exmaple query:

SELECT
`VendorJobs`.`JobID`,
`VendorJobs`.`Entered`,
`VendorSignUp`.`CompanyName`,
`StaIndTypes`.`CareerCategories`,
`StaUSCities`.`City`,
`USStates`.`States`,
`VendorJobs`.`AreaCode`,
`staTaxTerm`.`TaxTerm`,
`VendorJobs`.`PayRate`,
`staTravelReq`.`TravelReq`,
`VendorJobDetails`.`JobTitle`,
`VendorJobDetails`.`Details`,
`VendorJobs`.`PostStart`
FROM
`VendorJobs`
INNER JOIN `VendorSignUp` ON (`VendorJobs`.`VendorID` = `VendorSignUp`.`VendorID`)
INNER JOIN `StaIndTypes` ON (`VendorJobs`.`Industry` = `StaIndTypes`.`CareerIDs`)
LEFT OUTER JOIN `StaUSCities` ON (`VendorJobs`.`LocationCity` = `StaUSCities`.`CityID`)
LEFT OUTER JOIN `USStates` ON (`VendorJobs`.`LocationState` = `USStates`.`StateID`)
LEFT OUTER JOIN `staTaxTerm` ON (`VendorJobs`.`TaxTerm` = `staTaxTerm`.`TaxTermID`)
INNER JOIN `staTravelReq` ON (`VendorJobs`.`TravelReq` = `staTravelReq`.`TravelReqID`)
INNER JOIN `VendorJobDetails` ON (`VendorJobs`.`JobID` = `VendorJobDetails`.`JobID`)

Basically the VendorJobs is where the transactions take place. The values that are inserted into this table come from other tables. So,
In VendorJobs, the field LocationCity may have a record that is "10"
In the staUSCities table though the 10 is the ID for San Francisco.
If I run a normal query then to extract all the information so a "user" to a web site can understand it, it's the staUSCities table that will return the actual translation of what is in VendorJobs.LocationCity

Stuart

D

Debbie S

Stuart

OK ... if I understand correctly, what you are after is simply linking the fields in a main table to data in the other tables. This post has a complete description on how to set this up >>> http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=3021&t=3021. When you set up a select_single field, the data corresponding to the record/ID number in the linked table is displayed to the user.

Debbie

S

Stuart

Debbie!
It worked great. I was even concerned because two of the PK's had same name. No problem.

Now I just need to figure out , a how to have a drop down list. Like the one you have in the Online Demo, where you go to the genre field and it has a list of genre's to choose from.

Then I need to know how to get all of this into my site.

I'll dig around .

Thank you again
Stuart

D

Debbie S

Stuart

I'm not sure what you mean by "figure out , a how to have a drop down list" ... Once you set a field type to "select_single" and reference the linked tables, the drop-down lists should be automatically available in the search/update forms which are generated by DaDaBIK.

Debbie

R

Robin

I am trying to find jobs that are available in my area as a vendor are other wise known as merchandiser. For example I work for a card company that has several accounts in different stores and I go in some of those stores and put out the product and order. The location would be around the Mobile, Alabama area.

D

Debbie S

Robin wrote:

> I am trying to find jobs that are available in my area as a
> vendor are other wise known as merchandiser. For example I work
> for a card company that has several accounts in different
> stores and I go in some of those stores and put out the product
> and order. The location would be around the Mobile, Alabama
> area.

Is this a question about DaDaBIK?

Debbie