Primary Keys

F

Fabio

Hi I am not very expert about database and dadabik. Anyway after some trouble I was able to install dadabik. Now the installation was fine but a kind of warning told that in my table there wasn't any primary key and so some functions were disable; so I would like to know if using dadabik it's possible to set primary keys and how.
Thanks a lot in advance for any help
Best Regards
Fabio Marca

D

Debbie S

Fabio

Your database table must have a primary key set within MySQL -- with DaDaBIK it is not possible to change the MySQL structure/formatting of the database tables. DaDaBIK is an interface to a database, not a database management tool like phpMyAdmin.

Modify your database table to include an auto_increment primary key and refresh your installation of DaDaBIK if you want the ability to create/edit/delete records.

Debbie
(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 Beta)

F

Fabio

Thanks a lot for your suggestion but let me ask you some more explanations about the second part of your message; in fact I didn't understand how I can refresh my dadabik installation: should I reinstall it again or in any other way?
Thanks again
Fabio

Debbie S wrote:

> Fabio
>
> Your database table must have a primary key set within MySQL
> -- with DaDaBIK it is not possible to change the MySQL
> structure/formatting of the database tables. DaDaBIK is an
> interface to a database, not a database management tool like
> phpMyAdmin.
>
> Modify your database table to include an auto_increment
> primary key and refresh your installation of DaDaBIK if you
> want the ability to create/edit/delete records.
>
> Debbie
> (Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1
> Beta)

D

Debbie S

Fabio

Refer to "Step 3" in the admin.php page to refresh your installation.

Debbie

F

Fabio

Thanks Debbie I solved the problem.
Now I would like to ask you if it's possible by dadabik to set passwords for user and administrator when they fill in or manage the database. I looked for any tutorial in the site about this topic but I wasn't able to find anyone. So the question is: is't possible and how?
Thanks a lot in advance for your very good suggestions.
Fabio
Debbie S wrote:

> Fabio
>
> Refer to "Step 3" in the admin.php page to refresh your
> installation.
>
> Debbie
> Beta)

D

Debbie S

Fabio

From what I've understood of the authentication in v3.1, you set up users/passwords through the administration panel (when you log in as the admin - not the actual admin.php). Then when a user logs in, they are only allowed to edit their own records (and view, etc., depending on how you've set up your config file). When a logged in user creates a record, only that user will be able to edit, etc., that record.

Not sure if this answers your question -- let me know.

Debbie

F

Fabio

Hi Debbie
Please let me know how I can log as admin, I thought admin and admin.php they were the same but from your last message they seem to be two different kind of log. I use the ver. 3.0 of dadabik.
Thanks in advance
Fabio

Debbie S wrote:

> Fabio
>
> From what I've understood of the authentication in v3.1, you
> set up users/passwords through the administration panel (when
> you log in as the admin - not the actual admin.php). Then when
> a user logs in, they are only allowed to edit their own records
> (and view, etc., depending on how you've set up your config
> file). When a logged in user creates a record, only that user
> will be able to edit, etc., that record.
>
> Not sure if this answers your question -- let me know.
>
> Debbie
> Beta)

D

Debbie S

Fabio

First, the authentication for DaDaBIK is ONLY available in v3.1 Beta -- if that is what you need, download and install the latest version. You can also create two instances of DaDaBIK to manage data (see post http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=2573&t=2573).

admin.php is the page where you go to configure and customize your DaDaBIK installation. When you go to the standard index.php page for v3.1 you are presented with a username/password box. If you log in as the admin user, you set usernames/passwords for users who will be inputting data into the database. If you log in as one of the users, you will then be able to manipulate the data.

Debbie