Bug in DaDaBIK 3.1 beta?

F

Fredrik Edemar

Hello all developers of DaDaBIK! :)

I have a field in a database that links to an other database. In the interface configurator "Field type" is set to "select_single". Everything works fine in the show_all, search, insert and edit page but when I go to a "detail"-page an error message appear: "[08] Error: during query execution."

Is this a known bug in the beta version?

D

Debbie S

Fredrik

There was a bug found in the 3.1 Beta where this error displays on the details page if your PRIMARY key in your linked table is named the same as the PRIMARY key in your main table. If both your PRIMARY keys are named the same, rename one of them and follow the appropriate steps through the admin.php interface (under sub-title "Step 1") to rename that field in DaDaBIK.

This bug has been fixed and will be included as part of the 3.1 Final release. However, it is generally good practise to have your PRIMARY keys named different for each table in your database.

If you rename one of your PRIMARY keys and the problem persists, please turn debug on in config.php ($debug_mode = 1;) and report the specific 08 error information here. It is good practise to use the debug mode any time an error code is reported in DaDaBIK as it provides valuable details of the nature of the problem.

Debbie
(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.1 Beta)

F

Fredrik Edemar

Thank you Debbie for the help. When I renamed one of the primary key fields, the error message disappeared and now everything works fine :)