2 instances. Again.

R

Ross

Ok yeah. I was being thick. The new admin section does work.

The only problem seems to be that it automatically points to 'databik_directory' rather than 'directory'

You can still get to it using the drop down menu in the admin index.php section.

Is there a way of getting it to automatically point to this rather than having to navigate there.

Thanks for any time and patience.

Bye.

Ross

R

Ross

I find the word stupid is used far too frequently but I'm stupid.

Sorted out my problem, so everyone ignore me!

Thanks.

Ross.

D

Debbie Sontag

Ross

So glad you got everything working ok. Just curious if there was a problem in the tutorial that I should fix up or make more clear.

Thanks
Debbie

(Latest version of DaDaBIK when this message was posted: 3.0)

R

Ross

Hello Debbie.

I think I misread your tutorial. In section 4, it mentions changing the table prefix and the table list name.

I found that only the table list name needed changing. From:dadabik_table_list
To: dadabik_admin_table_list

Changing the table name From:
dadabik_
To: dadabik_admin_

Seemed to make my admin index.php page point to the dadabik_directory (automatically created by dadabik when you install it) rather than the directory itself

('directory' being the name of the table in my database).

I'm not sure whether your tutorial was a bit confusing or whether it was more my inability to grasp even the most basic of concepts without being guided through them, slowly and carefully like a child. Great tutorial though. I'm pretty new to this stuff but it makes a big difference getting useful, relevant advice and prompt replies.

Thanks gain. Ross

D

Debbie Sontag

Ross

That is weird for that to happen -- never happened to me on any of my installations.

The reason for changing the table prefixes in the admin installation is so that you can independently manage each instance of Dadabik. If you do not have a set of dadabik_ tables and a separate set of dadabik_admin_ tables, then whatever permissions you give on the admin side will also be given to the view only side, defeating the reason why a separate instance was created in the first place.

I think perhaps the reason why you began seeing the dadabik_directory table first was probably not removing the dadabik_ tables from the list of included tables in the admin panel. I did not include that bit of info in the tutorial because determining what tables you want to make accessible is part of the basic setup of Dadabik.

Have fun!
Debbie

R

roberto

I have tried a two-instances installation following the well done tutorial produced by Debbie.

I encountered only two small problems:

a) stage 4: in config.php also the "Dadabik complete URL" of the second instance should be changed, otherwise the same of the first instance will be used.

b) stage 6: the tutorial says to uninstall the tables beginning with "dadabik_admin_dadabik_".
I used the same prefixes suggested by the tutorial, but I wasn't able to find any tables beginning in that way in my my administrative area.
The tables I removed were like the following (I have two tables in my db):
- dadabik_table1
- dadabik_table2
- dadabik_table_list

In this way everything works fine.

I dont't know if I made some mistakes in my installation procedure or if the tutorial is not 100% precise.
Maybe someone can clarify this.

Thanks in advance.

Roberto

D

Debbie Sontag

roberto wrote:

> I have tried a two-instances installation following the well
> done tutorial produced by Debbie.
>
> I encountered only two small problems:
>
> a) stage 4: in config.php also the "Dadabik complete URL" of
> the second instance should be changed, otherwise the same of
> the first instance will be used.

Sorry, I made the assumption that users would know they should change this because it was standard Dadabik configuration details. Documentation with new release will include this note.

> b) stage 6: the tutorial says to uninstall the tables
> beginning with "dadabik_admin_dadabik_".
> I used the same prefixes suggested by the tutorial, but I
> wasn't able to find any tables beginning in that way in my my
> administrative area.
> The tables I removed were like the following (I have two
> tables in my db):
> - dadabik_table1
> - dadabik_table2
> - dadabik_table_list

You are correct -- I've made the correction to the tutorial post and the documentation for the next version will include the change.

Debbie

R

roberto

Debbie Sontag wrote:

> Sorry, I made the assumption that users would know they
> should change this because it was standard Dadabik
> configuration details. Documentation with new release will
> include this note.

You are right, Debbie, maybe it is not necessary to include it in your documentation, it was just my fault :)

> You are correct -- I've made the correction to the tutorial
> post and the documentation for the next version will include
> the change.

Thank you.

Roberto