API user blocked

mladen

Hi,

i have a problem where API user is blocked from one location (IP) and i cannot find a way to unblock it.
Where is this set up or how to approach this?

Also i tried from another machine and tested it, it works fine.
I tried with wrong password and it returned below. After is put in right password and after that wrong again, it still counted before attempts, i didn't start countdown again.

[pre]
"status": "ok",
"result": "authentication error",
"error_message": "Username and/or password are wrong. Warning! You still have 1 attempts before account blocking"
[/pre]

[pre]
Your current DaDaBIK version
You are using DaDaBIK version 11.1-Elba platinum, installed on 06-10-2021 (installation code: ), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.2-Elba released on 16-11-2021

You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info
PHP Version: 7.2.24

mysql version: 8.0.26

Web server: Apache/2.4.37 (centos)
[/pre]

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
you are right, after a successful login through the API method "get_token", the failed login attempts were not reset, as it happens with the standard login. The bug has been fixed and the fix will be available with the next release.
At the moment you can reset it:
- by logging in with the standard login form using the same user
- if, as admin, you enter the edit form of a blocked user, a link allows you to reset the failed login and unblock the user

In both cases, the failed login attempts are removed from the dadabik_failed_login table.

Best,

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I forgot to say that DaDaBIK doesn't have any IP-based limit to the API authentication so I think the IP was not the real reason for the unsuccessful login that you reported.

Best,