WordPress plug-in wrapper's view port is too small to fit table

donworth

Hi Eugenio,

I am helping the Sioux Valley Genealogy Society implement DaDaBIK for their 176,000 row obituary database. We had it up and running perfectly but now when I go to the WordPress page on their site the viewport is shortened vertically such that only the top menu bar appears and you have to scroll in a very short window to see the table. See:

https://www.siouxvalleygenealogicalsociety.org/testing/

I'm not sure how the plug-in's viewport works (how it figures out how tall to make the viewport). I don't think anything was changed on their site between when it worked perfectly (July 2) and today (July 7). I tried clearing the browser cache and looked at it with different browsers on both Mac and Windows. They all display the same foreshortened view.

Can you offer any suggestions on what to look for?

(P.S. I'm not experiencing this problem with my Ventura site - that works fine. But it has a different theme and the other plug-ins are different. Also Sioux Valley is on Elba and Ventura is on Manarola if that makes a difference.)

Thanks!
Don Worth
Ventura County Genealogical Society
worth@ucla.edu

-------------

System info for Sioux Valley site

PHP Version: 7.4.20

mysql version: 10.3.29-MariaDB-cll-lve

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1.1 Safari/605.1.15

URL installation: https://siouxvalleygenealogicalsociety.org/dadabik/

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
the problem seems to be with the attribute
height: auto;
of the iframe that contains the dadabik application. If you remove it using the javascript console, the size will be fine.
I am not sure why it's there, though, it's not in the original code of the dadabik wordpress plugin, have you changed the code?

Best,

donworth

No, I didn't change the DaDaBIK plug-in files other than to put in the session keys and such in the .php file. I see in both my sites the exact same code. But the Ventura one works and the Sioux one doesn't.

----------------

File: dadabik_wrapper_js.js

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
jQuery('iframe').load(function() {
document.getElementById('dadabik_iframe').style.height = 'auto';
jQuery("#dadabik_iframe").height(jQuery("#dadabik_iframe").contents().find("html").height()+35);

});
});

------------------

Should I edit out the style.height = 'auto' or ???? The only other thing I can think to do is to systematically disable plug-ins to see if any of them could be conflicting with the plug-in. Or switch to the generic theme in WP.

Don

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
yes, I would do some tests:
- try to remove document.getElementById('dadabik_iframe').style.height = 'auto';
- try to play with that +35, increasing it

after any change, clean the cache to avoid any risk of using it. Let me know how it works!

donworth

No luck.

I edited the .js file to comment out setting the style.height assignment - didn't work
I increased the +35 to +800 - didn't work
I disabled every plug-in other than DaDaBIK's - didn't work
(and with Colibri block editor disabled I created a new, blank page and pasted in the shortcode - didn't work)
I switched to the twenty twenty-one theme - didn't work
(cleared the browser cache for each test)

I'm at a loss to think why this worked just before July 4 but isn't working now. Could the hosting service have done anything that would affect things maybe? (I have not reason to think they did - I'm must grasping at straws)

If you want the passwords to look at things with cPanel or FTP or WordPress's dashboard, email me and I will send them.

I appreciate your help with this!

Don

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

could you double check dadabik_wrapper.php as well? In particular, this code, to be sure it's unchanged:

function dadabik_wrapper_func($atts){
return '<iframe frameborder="0" src="'.$atts['url'].'" width="100%" height="800" id="dadabik_iframe" style="border:0;overflow-y:auto;"></iframe>';
}

I can't explain why at some point it changed behaviour, unless there has been a change somewhere, this sounds almost impossible to me.
It's hard to think that the problem is a change on the hosting service side, but I would ask them if they have changed something across that date.

Another thing that could happen is that the browser, at some point, after an upgrade, started to behave differently but if you see the same result with all the browsers, then the browser is not the problem.

Being on Elba instead of Manarola is also not the reason of the problem, the Wordpress demo you see online is on Elba and I don't see such issue there.

Best,

donworth

What you posted looks identical to what's in the file. I will send you both files by email, freshly downloaded from the Sioux web site.

Don

donworth

Hi Eugenio,

We checked with Colibri support and got this from them - which solved the problem! Might be worth adding to your documentation for those using Colibri page builder (or anyone else who is experiencing similar symptoms). Thanks for all your help on this.

Don

----------------------------

Hello,

Please add this extra CSS code in Customizer -> General Settings -> Additional CSS :

iframe#dadabik_iframe {
height:800px!important;
}

--
Regards,
Cristian Barbu,
Support Engineer at ColibriWP