The item from which you came no longer exists

I have been using a quick search to identify a set of records which I wish to correct.
After editing a record, clicking "Save" and then "Next" returns a page saying only
"The item from which you came no longer exists"

It appears that the search is re-executed after the save and the corrected record no longer matches the filter criteria and this causes the "Next" to fail. The message is perhaps technically correct but confusing to non-programmers.
Work-around is to "Save & Go Back" and choose the (now) first record again.

You are using DaDaBIK version 10.2-Manarola enterprise, installed on 02-08-2020 (installation code: xxx)
PHP Version: 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.7
mysql version: 5.5.5-10.3.23-MariaDB-1:10.3.23+maria~bionic
Web server: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:89.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/89.0

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
can you provide the step-by-step process to reproduce this behaviour in the online demo n.1 ?

Best,

a) Start Sales/CRM demo
b) Login as root
c) Choose [Products] from the menu
d) Change Description filter to "Contains" and enter "Radio"
e) [Quick Search] returns 2 items
f) Click the [Edit] icon for the first record "AM / FM Table Radio Tivoli Audio iPAL..."
g) Change the word "Radio" in the Description to "Xadio"
h) [Save]
i) Get the green bar with "Item correctly updated. Number of uploaded files: 0"
j) [Next]
k) "The item from which you came no longer exists."
l) URL is https://dadabik.com/dadasales_demo/index.php?function=choose_next_record&tablename=products&where_field=id_product&where_value=1&from_function=edit

Len.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I understand now, yes it is a known unexpected behaviour (see documentation, known bugs); I am actually thinking these days if and how to change this but it's not a trivial modification.

Best,

Umm, yes, I'd better read the docs again :)
I need to note this in the documentation I'm providing to MY users, who aren't particularly computer-literate.