Duplicate Dadabik application to run on different databases

imre

Hello,

Is it possible to easily duplicate my Dadabik application and make the copy to run on another database?

Currently I have a Dadabik application with a postgres database. The customer, who uses it, wants a separate application, that is identical to the original one, but runs with a different database. Actually they want a separate application, that looks and works like the original one. Both applications would be in use by different divisions of the company.

Of course, I could create a new application and configure it manually to work in the same way as the first one, but I wouldn't do this, if there's a workaround, because the existing app is quite complex, with several pages and complex inner logic.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks,
Imre

---------------------------------------------

Your current DaDaBIK version
You are using DaDaBIK version 10.2-Manarola platinum

System info
PHP Version: 7.3.17
postgres version: 12.3
Web server: Apache/2.4.43 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1g PHP/7.3.17
Client: Chrome/88.0.4324.182 Safari/537.36

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
you just need to make a copy of your dadabik folder (the one containing the dadabik app you want to clone) and of your db. That's it.
Of course you'll have to edit your config_custom.php according to the new database name and credentials. Also the uploads folder and anything else in your config file or in your custom file that refers to a file path might need to be changed considering the new location the app will be copied.

Best,

—
DaDaBIK Support
dadabik.com

imre

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

Is that really that easy? That's great! :)

I thought that all installations have some unique ID, and I cannot just copy the whole app. But now I tested it and it seems working.
Is that correct that I don't have to make a new installation? I'm asking this also to be sure, that it complies with the terms of use, too.

Thanks in advance,
Imre

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
sorry I thought you just wanted to move the application, I missed the very first part of your post when you say you need both the applications.
In this case, if you want to clone app A to app B you can do the following:
- install dadabik in the target place using the same version you have used in app A (even a toy database with just one table is fine)
- create a dump (backup) of the table dadabik_installations_tab that DaDaBIK has created during the installation
- copy files and db as I explained in the previous post, you can remove everything from B, the only thing you need is the backup of dadabik_installations_tab
- replace only the table dadabik_installations_tab with the backup you made

Best,