Moving existing app to new SQL database

donworth

I want to move my tables to the WordPress mySQL database (they are currently in a separate mySQL database on the same server). (This so I can use the updraft plugin to backup the entire db at once.) I loaded the tables from the old db into the WP database and changed the SQL connection parameters in the custom_config.php file in Includes folder but I get this error message:

[03] Error: it is impossible to run DaDaBIK because you haven't installed it yet or you have accidentally deleted the installation table, go to the installation page.

When I put the old custom_config.php file back DaDaBIK is happy again. I did change a few VARCHAR(9999) to VARCHAR(512) in the CREATE TABLE SQL statements because I was getting row length errors. Does that affect this? Is there an accepted way to do this so I don't lose all the settings in the DaDaBIK app I had created?

The connection parms work when I use mySQL Workbench to connect to the WP database.

Thanks!
Don

----------

Your current DaDaBIK version

You are using DaDaBIK version 10.6-Manarola enterprise, installed on 01/26/2021 (installation code: 163965fe831cbbb99e), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 10.6-Manarola released on 01/26/2021

You are runnning the latest release of DaDaBIK

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info

PHP Version: 7.2.34

mysql version: 5.5.62-cll-lve

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0.3 Safari/605.1.15

URL installation: https://48ovvi.org/dadabik/

donworth

oh duh. I'm a potato! I dumped the dadabik tables in mySQL Workbench and imported them into the other schema. And I set $prefixes_to_exclude[0]='wpwq_'; so it dadabik would ignore the WP tables and it worked perfectly. It helps to re-re-re-read the manual. :p