Moving Position of field changes settings

taubes

Hi

This is a big one:

If I change the position of a field in the forms configurator let's say from pos. 20 (city) to pos. 18 (country), I end up with both positions 18 and 20 having the form configurator settings for country.

The expected behavior would be that 20 (city) becomes 18 (city) and 18 (country) becomes 19 (country). Instead I loose all form configurator settings entires of the field I changed the position from. I am currently not sure if this always happens or if the positions are messed up in the first place.

I think this may be linked to an older problem when you insert a new field that has been added in the database not at the end but in the middle it can mess up the positions after DB synchro.

Hope this helps.

DaDaBIK version 10.5-Manarola platinum
PHP Version: 7.2.34
mysql version: 5.5.5-10.5.8-MariaDB
Web server: Apache/2.4.46 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.1.1i PHP/7.2.34
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_2) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.0.4 Safari/605.1.15
URL installation: http://localhost/xxx

Best

St

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I can't replicate this issue; yes, there was an issue fixed in dadabik 9.2.2 that was similar to the one you described (you had to use the add field db synch operation to trigger it) but it should be solved.

Does it happen all the time? Are you able to replicate it using our online demo?

Best,

taubes

Hi,

I had this happen again and it is really annoying as overwrites the field settings. I think this happens when I have multiple tabs on the browser. For instance if I add a field in DBSynchro one browser tab and change the position order in the forms configurator in another browser tab.

Best

St

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I am replying to this old post because I am checking all the open issues before the release of V 11.

I cannot replicate this issue. I have tried the following:

1) Open form configurator
2) From phpmyadmin, add a field to the current table
3) Open db synch in another tab and add the new field
4) Back to the form configurator already open, change the position of the current field without reloading

but I don't see this issue. It would be great if you could send a list of steps that I can use to replicate the issue.

Best,