custom button for using a camera to scan a bar code

qedqcd

Hello,
if I wanted a courier to be able to use their own phone to scan a bar code into a field, how would I accomplish that?
I would create a custom button for sure, but I want it to access the phones camera..all couriers have iPhones, mostly.

is this simple or difficult?

I don't want to have to use a app creation to access the database, if I can use Dadabik and its mobile version to so so.

Thanks

qedqcd

my versions

ou are using DaDaBIK version 9.4-Monterosso enterprise, installed on 2019-11-04 (installation code: 150315dc0e87f0c032), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 10.1-Manarola released on 2020-03-09

You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here.

PHP Version: 5.6.40

postgres version: 10.10

Web server: Apache/2.4.41 (Amazon) PHP/5.6.40

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1.1 Safari/605.1.15

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I think you might be able, using a javascript button, to access the camera and get the input but I don't know the implementation details, I
would google:
read input from barcode scanner javascript
or similar to see which are the available solutions.

Best,

qedqcd

Hello
I found a link to a way to do it through php. Do I have to make a custom button and then link the button to the php code?

Https://Stackoverflow.com/questions/8465839/integrate-barcode-scanner-into-php-application

Also, if I only want it to show on the “mobile” app, can I define that somewhere in the config file?