2 Applications on same server

jason

I am creating two applications that reside on the same server, and reference the same database. I have a user authenticate and depending on what type of user they are, they login to one application or the other.

I have one installation running on mysite.com/dadabik and it is running perfectly.
Config file has for the database: $prefix_internal_table = 'dadabik';

Second installation running on mysite/dadabik2
$prefix_internal_table = 'dadabik_2;

Both sites have exact same config.php file otherwise.

The second installation at mysite/dadabik2 has the following issues so far:
In the Admin Area - Data the "Add a Field" button does nothing. Cannot add a field. All the other buttons work.
If I go to "Pages" and "Pages based on views" the Unique field on all my views is blank. If i assign a unique field and click "Save Changes" it doesn't save the changes.

What am I missing? How can two applications on the exact same server sharing the same database have one working perfectly and the other not working properly?

Your current DaDaBIK version

You are using DaDaBIK version 10.1-Manarola enterprise, installed on 05-30-2020 (installation code: 156005ed2ccaf56923), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 10.1-Manarola released on 03-09-2020

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us.
System info

PHP Version: 7.2.30

mysql version: 5.6.47-cll-lve

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:76.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/76.0

jason

Also the set permissions page is blank. Cannot set permissions for any user groups for any forms.

deep64blue

DaDaBIK Guru
Have you done this?

Dadabik documentation said:
use the $prefixes_to_exclude parameter to state, for each application, the prefixes (see previous rule) you have used in the other applications sharing the same database.

jason

Thank you for the suggestion, I had done that. My first attempt at installing the second application I had not done that and overwrote my first application's tables. I had to restore the database and added that exclusion.

I use Wordpress to manage my authentication and use the Wordpress Plug In for Dadabik, as such I have excluded the Wordpress tables as well as the other dadabik installation tables:

$prefixes_to_exclude[0]='wp_';
$prefixes_to_exclude[1]='dadabik';

Is there a table that Dadabik relies on that both tables use that I have overlooked?

Checked permissions in folder and the dadabik_2 matches dadabik_1, does not seem to be the issue.

jason

The reason for having two applications installed on the same server is so I can create a staging server environment to test modifications to the application before pushing to the live server.

Is this not something that is common in Dadabik application development?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
the problems is that :

$prefixes_to_exclude[1]='dadabik';

matches both your prefixes, dadabik and dadabik_2; you should use dadabik_1 and dadabik_2 as prefixes to avoid these problems.

Best,

jason

Thank you Eugenio. I'll give that a try.

So there are tables with the prefix "dadabik" that are needed for installation...

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
it depends on the $prefix_internal_table you choose, if you choose dadabik_1, the prefix will be dadabik_1 and not dadabik

Best,