Timeouts

huggi

Hello Eugenio,

I would like to change two behaviours of dadabik that I can not find in manuals or this forum:

1. My Php Sessions last forever. I would like to have them expired after some hours. I tried to play around with session.cache_expire in php.ini, but that didn´t change anything. Can you give me a hint how I can achieve this?

2. I would like to have a longer dataset lock time. I have quite big forms to fill, which takes often more than 10 minutes. After about 5 Minutes users get the "lost_locked_not_safe_update" message when he wants to save. Quite frustrating after a lot of work for filling the form. How can I set a longer time (20 min.) here?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Michael

------

You are using DaDaBIK version 10.1-Manarola enterprise, installed on 03-22-2020 (installation code: 0), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 10.1-Manarola released on 03-09-2020

You are runnning the last release of DaDaBIK

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Michael,

1) You have to work on php.ini, there isn't any related setting in DaDaBIK

2) You can use $seconds_after_automatic_unlock in config.php

Best,

FRW

Hi Eugenio,

please help, to understand the behaviour of $seconds_after_automatic_unlock

In my opinion, this setting will change the time, after which a record is automatic unlocked, but the question was, to decrease the time before a record gets an timeout and the "lost_locked_not_safe_update" message?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
the two events are related: when the record is unlocked, then, if you try to update it, you get that error message.

Best,

FRW

I see, so I have to increase the time for $seconds_after_automatic_unlock, because the error message appears only, if dadabik has unlocked the record (automatically)

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
When you get the error, the record could have been unlocked also for other reasons but I would say in more than 90% of the cases it's an automatic unlock because of $seconds_after_automatic_unlock.

Best,