How should i move/copy a DaDabiK Application?

steff

Hi,
I have a dadabik application 9.3 (enterprice). I have also the upgrade package 10.0 (enterprice). Now i want to move and upgrade may application.
I have already copyied my application to antother server with another domain. A 1:1 copy of mysql Database an 1:1 copy of program files. I did not made an installation (install.php) or upgrade (upgrade.php) yet. And surprice, it works. I can work with the copied application on another server/domain, cross-over. Is this normal?

This is not my goal. Of course i want work on the new server/database. And i am clear i have to change the database credentails.

What is the best way to move and upgrade.
1) A new installation and then copy database tables and files (what is important?) or
2) Copy to antother server (thats what i did just now) and then upgrade. But how? a new request to install.php or with upgrade.php?

Steff
source environment: PHP Version: 7.2, mysql 5.6, Apache2.4, dadabik 9.3 (server1, domain1)
target environment: PHP Version: 7.2 (later 7.4), mariadb 10.4, Apache2.4, dadabik 9.3 (and then 10.0), (server2, domain2)

steff

I think, the reason is the $host was not 'localhost' but a webhost. I changed the config parameters in config_custom.php to the database on my new server and it works, cool. its relative easy to move. so i think option 2 is fine...
Ciao

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
option 2 is fine, of course you have to edit config.php if there is anything that is server-related (database credentials, uploads directory, ...).

Best,