custom page for individual record - detail page.

DLJonsson

How is it possible to create our own custom details page for an individual record?

Is this possible with Dadabik and if so how?

Please advise

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
what do you mean with custom details page? If you want to change the aspect of the default details page you can work on the CSS or you can edit views/details.php; in the second case you are changing a DaDaBIK core file though, so upgrades to newer version will become more difficult because you have to manually apply again your changes to the new version.

Best,

juergen_mueller

DaDaBIK Guru
Hi, Eugenio

I think DLJonsson is looking for the same feature I am looking for... a template builder for the details page similar to the one for grids.

A workaround I use sometimes (not very customer / user friendly), is to change the $records_per_page_ar[0] to '1' and disable the other arrays. This leads to a grid with one record only. Now, you can use the results_grid template builder to create an individual template.

Best, Juergen

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I see, yes, DLJonsson if you are looking for that, at the moment there isn't any template system available for the details page as you have for results grid or for PDF.

Juergen, that is a very unexpected use of $records_per_page_ar :D but yes, it can work ... I think you will see the navigation (pages) links though?

Best,

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
The div that contains the pagination links has a class "pagination", if you can detect when you want to hide it yes, you can hide it via CSS.

Best,