Display read-only image field in edit view

I have created a photo description database, with a field containing an image file name.
This displays fine in grid mode when searching, and in the details view, but in the edit view the image doesn't display, only the filename.
The point of this application is to allow our volunteers to add or correct image descriptions imported from past work using Excel spreadsheets, but the image isn't visible to describe.
The image file name will never be changed in this view.
I thought the "yes but disabled" permission would display the image, but it also shows the name only.
Is there any way to achieve this? I guess it's similar to the "Read Only" choice somebody asked for earlier.
Do you expect the image to be displayed in the Edit view, and the filename displays because there is a path issue I have overlooked?

Thanks, Len.

Dadabik 9.4 on Ubuntu 18.04LTS, MySQL 5.7 I think, matching Apache.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
at the moment, in the edit form, for images, you only see the filename and you can change the image itself. However, if you click on the filename, you see the image.

Best,

--
DaDaBIK Support
dadabik.com

Hmmm, I fear that may be a deal-breaker. I can't access my DB from work right now, but if that opens in a new window or replaces the current one that would be useless. Really I think that "Yes but disabled" should have behaviour just like the same field would in details view, effectively meaning "Read-only", probably without the surrounding edit box. Perhaps this should be a feature request.

What happens to calculated fields on the edit form? Would a calculated field generating an image name display as an image, or do they not appear at all?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
They work as in the insert form; calculated fields are only compatbile with text, textarea and select_single field types.

Best,

I have upgraded to 10.1 Enterprise, and as I now have the capability to create custom PHP pages, is there a way to work-around this by creating my own edit page template and creating the <image> tag manually from the contents of one of the fields accessed by array or name, rather than the dadabik_field automatic insertion?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I think you mean 10.0 right? The situation, from that point of view, hasn't changed: you have custom templates for PDFs and for the results grid but not for the edit form.

Best,