Select_Single Blank Data

Hardus

Hi,

I have an callcentre where the agents comes and goes a lot, so I added an table in my database with all their names in and pulled it into dadabik also for the managers to update the names as needed, my agents submits their data via an web form, my webform of the agents is a plain php page I created which pulls in the agents names from the agents table then the agents submits the form which adds the data to an mysql database.

After that my Admin dept uses Dadabik to process the data. In that table in Dadabik when I set the 'agent' field to Select_Single, all the agent names disappears from the columns view, when I change the field back to text, they all appear again. I have other campaigns the same agents also uses and to avoid spelling mistakes I want to only allow select_single when they need to change an field.

[pre]
You are using DaDaBIK version 9.4-Monterosso enterprise, installed on 09-25-2019 (installation code: 0), the latest version of DaDaBIK is

There are problems with the Internet connection, we cannot check if there are upgrades available.

PHP Version: 7.2.19-0ubuntu0.18.04.2

mysql version: 5.7.27-0ubuntu0.18.04.1

Web server: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/77.0.3865.90 Safari/537.36
[/pre]

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
I am not sure I have understood the problem but I'll try to help: if, for a select_single field, you have have value (from the DB) that is NOT in the list of current options, DaDaBIK doesn't know which option to select and therefore select the empty option. If the user doesn't realize that and saves the form, you will loose the data about such field, overriding it with the empty value. There isn't much you can do about this except from leaving the old agent names in the database, which I think it would be the most correct solution.

Best,

Hardus

The Options in the select single list is exactly the same spelling as the ones in the database, is there no way to get dadabik to recognise the values in the database, how does it then store and retrieve the options from which was entered with Dadabik itself?

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
if DaDaBIK doesn't recognize the value, it means it's different. Does this happen with all the select_single fields? If this is happening just with one field, the fact that you are filling the values with a custom script suggests that you are probably introducing some changes in the values (maybe blank spaces?).

Best,